Community Help Guide: Updating the New House Rule Buttons

Community Help Guide: Updating the New House Rule Buttons

Hello,

Airbnb recently introduced an amazing feature which enables Hosts to make their House Rules more effective by using the House Rule Button. For common preferences like Is the home pet-friendly? or Is smoking allowed? you’ll have the option to set Yes or No. 

• They’ve made these settings and your house rules prominent when a guest requests a reservation or instantly books your space so they can review your rules and restrictions
  • Guests will explicitly agree to your rules before they can book
  • Guests would be asked to confirm the total number of guests who are coming

rule_EN-196x400.png

How to update these controls?

1) Go to Your Listing > Manage Lisitng and Calendar > Booking (This option appears on the left side menu below pricing.)

dfdf.JPG

2) Under House Rules, You can see some common rules listed with Yes/No button.

3) Select what's suitable for you. Green indicates selected and white indicates not selected. In the abouve image, all the buttons are marked as Yes.

4) You can add Additional House Rules too by scrolling below and entering more rules manually.

Tadda! You are done!

**Additionally, you can also add restrictions on who could book instantly without your approval by checking the desired boxes below the house rules.

sdf.JPG

----

Personalized matches
Airbnb's pairing these new settings with a redesigned traveler experience that Airbnb's gradually rolling out on the Airbnb mobile app. Guests would be asked for more up-front information so they can see personalized matches when they search. Now if you set a control that says you don’t allow pets, guests traveling with pets will be less likely to contact you.

Also important to note is that:

1. There’s no penalty for cancelling if guests break your rules. Find out more about this.
  2. Hosts who set fewer requirements get more reservations.
  3. Guests will still be able to contact you with questions if you set a rule to “No”.

Happy Hosting Everybody 🙂

I hope this article helps you. Hit the thumbs up button if you found it useful.

Jeet

Hey @Lizzie0, how have you been? You could add this to the Guides Collection if you wish 🙂

3 Replies 3

Thanks, good info. But i keep adding new house rules or amending existinfg ones 8with helpful info etc) , wait for 'saving changes' then when I look again no changes have been made. My same old house rules and extra info are still there. How can i add or change?

I have the same problem, Airbnb needs to resolve this. I have something written in my house rules that I no longer want but it will not update even though I changed it.

Andrew21
Level 2
Gatineau, Canada

Hey guys! I made a video on how to change your House Rules. Give it a watch and you'll understand how to do it yourself! https://youtu.be/LIC0WzgoCx8