Community Spotlight: Oomesh-Kumarsingh0

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Community Spotlight: Oomesh-Kumarsingh0

*Please note this is a general Airbnb image (not from Oomesh's listing) :)*Please note this is a general Airbnb image (not from Oomesh's listing) 🙂

Hello everyone,

After a short break in June we are back in action with our next Community Spotlight. For those of you who are new to Community Spotlights, we ask one one community member a series of different questions to find out a little more about them. 

This month we are speaking with....

Oomesh.png

Pamplemousses, Mauritius

How long have you been hosting for and why did you first start?

I have been hosting international guests for 15 years but I have only been a host on Airbnb since 2015.I started hosting simply because my family was involved in welcoming guests from all over the world for the past 30 years and so I believe this is probably one reason why it has become my passion and not to mention that i really like to meet people from all over the globe. I personally think hosting is in my DNA due to the fact that I grew up surrounded by tourists.

Tell us a little about your listing

Both of my listings are apartments located in the most touristic part of Mauritius island. Trou aux biches was named by the French during their colonial times 1715-1810 a place where they were hunting deers which were brought on the island by the Dutch who were the first to settle here in 1638.Even after the French left the island by force, the British kept the name of this beautiful place.

How long have your been part of the Community Center and why did you join?

The first time that I wrote a comment on the Community was in 2015 after my very first guest cancelled her reservation a week before she was supposed to come. I was quite upset because my cancellation policy was strict in those times and yet she was able to get a full refund. So you can all imagine how nice my post was! I started visiting the CC more often during 2016 after Airbnb changed the format and made this place a very educative one where hosts from all over the world were able to share their experiences and ideas.

What is your favourite thing about the CC and if you could make it better what one thing would you improve?

The possibility that both hosts and guests are able to share information, experiences and updates is my favorite thing about the CC. If I was given the chance to make this place better I would make sure that there were no discrimination or personal attacks towards both guests and hosts on this fast growing network.

What do you like to do in your spare time? Any hobbies?

I usually spend my spare time learning about new cultures, I also like scuba diving and big game fishing.

If you could travel to anywhere in the world where would it be? What would you do?

If I could travel right now I would be in Oregon USA visiting a friend that I have recently met in the CC itself. I would love to learn about the culture there and enjoy the local cuisine.

Are you more of a film or book person? What have you last read/watched?

I am more a Netflix person. I am currently watching Penny Dreadful which I would recommend to anyone who likes horror serials.

What makes you get up on a Monday morning?

The sound of the Airbnb app notifying me that I just got booked!

If you could have dinner which one famous person, either from the past or present, who would it be? What would you eat? 🙂

Without any doubts Pamela Anderson! I would love to have delicious seafood with her but unfortunately due to the lady's vegan lifestyle I guess I would have to order vegetarian dishes only.

Do you have a fun fact about yourself?

Hosting on Airbnb is my passion!

Thank you so much Oomesh for taking part in this month's Community Spotlight. There are lots of fun insights here. 

I hope you find this an interesting read, please ask any questions or share any nice comments you have, I am sure Oomesh would love to hear from you. I know I have lots. 🙂

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

35 Replies 35

Thank you for sharing, @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0.  I love being able to learn about other hosts but also get great insights about other parts of the world.  I’ll have to put your island on my wish list!

Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Christine615 Thank you for liking my spotlight! I value your comments very much.Thank you for adding my island to your wishlist.You are always welcome at my place.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Oomesh-Kumarsingh0

Fasicnating place, maybe one day....

David

@David126 Thank you for the compliment! You are the most welcome here.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

Great reading about you @Oomesh-Kumarsingh0. I love these spotlights, it is really so much fun reading where others came from, for every host does 'have a story'.

@Fred13 Thank you for the compliment! I really appreciate your comments.