Complaint Against A Case Manager For The Trust and Safety Team

Ahmad40
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Complaint Against A Case Manager For The Trust and Safety Team

Can anyone tell me how I can escalate my Complaint at Airbnb?

I joined the platform as a host only few months ago and things were slow but fine to start with.

Then I had a guest from hell who against our specific house rules consumed food and smoked in the bedroom. He claimed to have checked out but left his suitcases in the room and kept the keys to the property. Basically he imposed himself to stay an extra night. I told him in no uncertain term that his conduct is unacceptable and that he should move out completely the following day.

At first someone at Airbnb offered to compensate me for cleaning costs for the stains made on the bedding and the carpet in the bedroom as well as cleaning all the cigarettes’ ash from the bedding, carpet and the furniture.

Wrote a review based on his conduct. In response he made up some excuses and claimed that "There appear to be a camera recording device in the lounge ......."

Just for the record my property does not have a lounge.

This false and malicious accusation prompted my account to be suspended for over two weeks. My review warning all future hosts about him was also removed.

To make things worse I had the displeasure of dealing with an extremely dense case manager from the so called “Trust and Safety Team”. Never in my life I have experienced such stupidity and inanity concentrated in one person. “Jade” (Obviously a made up name) did not have a clue what she was doing or writing. She kept ignoring my concerns and instead of answering my questions kept introducing new and irrelevant points in her correspondence.

Having been in service industry for over 20 years, I am at a loss as how “Jade” is employed as a case manager. She kept asking to prove that I do not have video recording equipment at my “LEAVING ROOM”! At one stage she asked for “documentations” that I do not have any!!!!

My repeated requests for a complaint to be logged on my behalf and that the case should be referred to a manager, kept getting ignored.

If Airbnb are truly concerned " that the safety, security, and privacy of our community is our top priority …” then my comments about that guest should not have been removed. That if they believed that I had any recording equipment at my property they should not have let other guests stay at my property whilst the case was investigated.

My account has been reinstated now but without a word of an apology. I was unable to accept new guests for two weeks though. No thanks to Airbnb and their choice of inadequate staff in dealing with the public I have decided not to host any more guests till this issue is resolved and that I am compensated for my cleaning costs.

46 Replies 46
Tony134
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

This weird kind of behavious is actually exactly normal for Airbnb CS team, even the weird asking for documentation part.  They ask for weird things you couldn't possibly document.  Today, they asked me to document my AC was working?  Like, am I supposed to open it up and take video of the fans moving and the compressor in action?  Weird weird stuff, and they are actually trained to do it this way.

Personally I don't think they can get away with it this long, it has a lot of similarities to the way big insurance companies act in bad faith to deny claims.

Don't expect much from the CS team, they are more like the 'cover Airbnb's bank account in the short term at all costs' team.

@Tony134  Actually you can prove this one with date stamped photos of your A/C thermostat the setting and temperature would prove it was working fine. I'd actually take two photo's I did raise the A/C and an hour later show that it also recorded the adjusted temperature. 

Ellen273
Level 2
Paris, France

In my experience, Airbnb are not really interested in supporting their hosts.  They see us as suppliers, rather than their BREAD & BUTTER !!  Until they understand that HOSTS are what makes them the money, they will never have a successful relationship with us.

I couldn’t agree more. They don’t care about our safety or whether we keep hosting. We are a service to them and they think we ought to be grateful for the chance to advertise on their website and only ever sing their praises. I’ve given up on Airbnb support. It’s an oxymoron. There’s no support. 

Ahmad40
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Still no sign of anyone from airbnb contacting me and offering a half decent explantion.

Got contacted by by a so called Community Coordinator stating:

Well I shared my experiences with you all. Any chance of anyone giving me any tips?

**[Private conversation removed in line with Community Center Guidelines]

Ahmad40
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

Why?

Ahmad40
Level 3
England, United Kingdom

So "Private Conversation" on this thread have been removed in line with Community Center Guidelines. 

Indeed all messages have been removed from staff  at airbnb from my Inbox. No one has offered an explanation why they were removed.

Keep getting nonsensical messages advising me how wonderful this platform is but avoiding to address my concerns.

I have made a Subject Access Request under UK's Data Protection Act. Even this seems to be challenging for the dense staff who haven't got a clue about what my request is all about. I suggest you all request airbnb to provide you a copy of all the information this unethical company holds on you.

Now let's see if this message is also going to be deleted.

@Ahmad40   Try Airbnb Help on Twitter and FB, you may get better results.

Nice0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Tried contacting them on FB on many many times.

Absolutely useless and of course they are not going to admit the faultlines within their own system.

Airbnb is great when things go smoothly. We are all one big happy family so they want us to believe and they make a fortune from "Service Charges" from both hosts and guests.

BUT  when things go round which happens in any business then Airbnb relies on low calibre untrained staff who brush all the issues and any mess under the carpet.

No integrity whatsoever. Very much the same as Uber.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nice0,

Good to meet you. From you message it sounds like you haven't managed to speak with a member of our Support Team. I would recommend contacting them via phone. Here is the number for the UK: +44 203 318 1111 .

Let me know how you get on, it's not clear from your message what it's regarding, but I hope you get everything resolved soon.

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

May I know the North America's phone number which can complain about the safety and trust team please?

Nice0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Lizzie 

Not sure on what basis you drew the conclusion that I haven't managed to speak with a member of your Support Team!! Unless your job is to create doubt about the complaints made here and give your inapt Support Team some air of credibility.

Just like everyone else in here I have found your Customer Service to be extremely unhelpful and unprofessional. Why on earth would I have written what I did if I hadn't contacted your useless Customer Service already! What now that you know, what action are you going to take?

@Lizzie , your job seems to be ignoring real issues and all the people who have had terrible experiences and just cause distractions from the actual problems. Try to put your time to positive use and address the concern of the people who have voiced their terrible experiences here.

PR is all about talk and no action.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Nice0,

Thanks for your response here, I'm really sorry I misunderstood your message here. I'm not a member of the Support Team, I am a Community Manager here in the Community Center, and so I am unable to check your records.

The number I provided above is the direct number to reach the Support Team, as you mentioned you had gone via our Facebook page and so I wasn't sure you had spoken to anyone.

As this was back in July, I'm sorry you were unable to get this sorted, I would recommend you contacting the team again to reopen your case, otherwise if you can provide a little more information, feel free to DM me  (just hover over my avatar here and click 'Send Message') I will do my very best to help. 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Talking on the phone with Airbnb is nice. They are really understanding and friendly. Then 48 hours later they tell you they’ve denied your request or your complaint can’t be proven, or the guest is within their right to .... etc.