Complaint about a guest

Gary3
Level 1
Santa Rosa, CA

Complaint about a guest

I want to tell Airbnb about a guest who misrepresented themselves, broke many house rules, and may have taken something from my home.  Where do I contact Airbnb about this?  And will they do anything about it?

2 Replies 2
Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

It is certainly advisable to contact Airbnb to get help with any problems.  Be advised that in every host/guest dispute, there are two sides to the story, Airbnb is a third party and cannot know exactly what happened or whom to believe, and this causes disappointment to some hosts who expect some harsh consequences for the misbehaving guest.  When you ask, will Airbnb do anything about it -- what are you expecting them to do?  Generally when hosts have a guests who repeatedly breaks house rules even when asked several times to stop doing that, it's important to evict that guest right away.  Airbnb can help with that as they can find another place for that guest to stay (though one feels for the poor host who agrees to take on that guest ....).  By helping the guest find another place to stay, Airbnb is not acknowledging that the host's version of the story is 100% true, but rather is acknowledging that there is a dispute and a problem, and therefore it would be best to find the guest another place to stay.  

It is strongly advisable that hosts screen guests carefully, and address any problems guests are causing , early on.  Work with Airbnb early on whenever there are guest problems, and evict the guest if need be.  Having a strong set of house rules is very important both in terms of avoiding problems with guests, and getting help from Airbnb.  It's good for hosts to have plans/strategies in place as to how they will deal with guests who break house rules, because though this is not common, it does happen at least once to most any host who hosts long enough.    

Claire77
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

you go to the resolution centre - or click on their profile and report them - there's a box where you can explain why.