Complicated order that reviews are posted

Al-and-Irene0
Level 1
Hamilton, Canada

Complicated order that reviews are posted

I sent the message below to the site....does anyone else agree?

How many people using this site know the complicated order that reviews are posted ?
Again... I’m a very logical person and listing reviews by country/language makes no sense. When I'm looking for a place to stay, I look at the last couple reviews posted....it doesn't say which country the previous guests were from. I want to know the latest condition of the property I'm looking to stay at.
You have a translate button if the review is not in your language.
If a host receives a negative review but corrects the situation, you’re allowing that negative review to stay as a first read because that guest lived the closest? That makes no sense.
This does not need to be so complicated. Just post reviews in the order that you receive them.

6 Replies 6
Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Al-and-Irene0, there have been many discussions about this and it is a source of frustration for hosts. See this recent one: https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/My-wonderful-reviews-for-this-summer-are-not-showing-on-...

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

I am sad that reviews for my accommodation, from overseas guests, have never shown up in order of date of stay....they are showing up way, way back, over two years back, when I first started hosting.  I was told by customer service that they are able to be seen easily by people from those particular countries who are viewing my listing 😞

@Al-and-Irene0agree, i lose so many opportunities because of this, whoever designed this way needs a far more realistic mindset....get over it

English is a universal language and there is google translate!

Thank goodness i get newer guests who balance the lesser reviews! seriously people who gave 3/4 stars are all over page 1 and 2, sucks! you would rather they just dissappear! out of sight....lol

Lyn3
Level 10
Mapleton, Australia

Even reviews written in English from my guests who visited from the USA, UK and NZ have been relegated way, way back - over two years ago 😞

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Al-and-Irene0

I agree with you! Good points!

Carmen842
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

I just became aware of this.. it needs to be looked at.

It is very confusing for Hosts and Travelers.