Confirmed guest asking for exact address ahead of time

Alice528
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Confirmed guest asking for exact address ahead of time

Anyone had experience of this and can offer advice?

We have a guest coming in a few weeks and they've asked for our exact address in order to have event tickets delivered in advance of their arrival.

Normally exact address goes out with check in details a few days prior to arrival.

We're a bit nervous to give out our address before then.

Should this raise alarm bells?

Any advice gratefully received

Alice

8 Replies 8
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Alice528  They have the exact address already! They get the address on a confirmed booking instantly unless it's a strict cancellation policy with 48 hour grace period where you have checked off no address for 48 hours until confirmed. NEVER let someone send anything to your address. I would send the address of the local UPS, FedX or DHL store near you for them to have the tickets shipped to. Tell them unfortunately any mail sent to the house will be returned to sender as is standard policy. Here are the local places you can send it to and pick it up from there with government ID.

Hey @Letti0, our messages crossed! Looks like we're on the same page with this one!

@Kath9  Yeap. I will never understand anyone letting a guest send mail or packages to their homes it's just so wrong on so many levels. Concert tickets, theatre tickets, additional clothes for the trip, etc. Not happening. I actually returned to sender some tickets, oops the guest said nothing and all mail not addressed to the property is returned, they had a fit. This was a VRBO guest and they did not review me thank heavens. I did review them though ;D

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

Hi @Alice528, all guests can automatically see the address as soon as the booking is confirmed. However,  guests should not have things mailed to your accommodation - they are not tenants of the property and should not be using the address for their own purposes. There are also some scammers out there using Airbnb addresses as fake addresses in order to verify Google businesses (see https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/SCAM-Beware-Don-t-allow-guests-to-receive-postal-mail-at...). Yes, this is raising alarm bells for me - I would be telling your guest that any mail received that is not in your name will be returned to sender.

Julie213
Level 1
United Kingdom

I had a guest asking for the address and keycode ,so someone could pick up tbe keys for them. They told me i would not get a good review because i would not cooperate ! , I stayed on the property for the duration of their booking . They were new to Airbnb and had unrealistic expectations , in the end not problematic just ignorant, 🌹🌹🌹

Alice528
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

That sounds super stressful Julie. I'm glad it was just ignorance in the end.

Alice528
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

@Kath9@Letti0

Thanks both, really really great advice.

We instantly thought it felt wrong but couldn't work out why. That link is invaluable Kath. I've replied saying all post will be returned to sender and suggested local postal services.

Now to see if they cancel!

Thanks

Alice

x

Mary115
Level 2
Redlands, CA

Interesting I just had a last minute booking for two weeks and sent the check in info which does not have the address and has a time limited electronic entry (they can only get in during the time they are booked or the system will alarm). They sent a message asking for the address and I replied they would get the address from the airbnb site when they were completely registered as guests. I haven't heard back and it says the reservation is confirmed so I suspect it is ok but it sure raised a red flag for me.