ConsultCheck for airbnb hosts in Tampa, FL

Gisela137
Level 2
Argentina

ConsultCheck for airbnb hosts in Tampa, FL

Hello! Very soon with my boyfriend, we will be new Airbnb hosts in South Tampa. We wanted to contact with hosts in the area to give us their advice and things to keep in mind for this new project. For example, if we need to manage a license to be able to rent the house for periods of less than 90 days and which insurances recommend us to be more covered. Thank you very much everyone and we await your comments. Gisela

5 Replies 5
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Gisela137 

Welcome to the ABB community.

You have come to the right place to network.

May I suggest  you use keywords relating to the issues you are wanting assistance with in the Search box here in CC to find the answers to your queries.

You can also look through others listings online on the ABB website to reach out to other users/

It's also useful to go on Google etc & search ABB under "news" to be informed.

All the best

Central To All Home & Location

Thank you! I will do!!

If you are looking for quality cleaners please message or email me. Two bedrooms starting at $100. Free estimates. *sensitive information hidden*

Sierra11
Level 3
St. Petersburg, FL

I recommend checking with the city. I am a Realtor in St. Pete, and surrounding areas, and each city has their own rules. For example, the City of St Pete only allows 3 rentals within a 365 consecutive day period. My own personal Airbnb is in Manatee County and there I just need to remit a 5% tourist tax on all rental income. So, it really can vary. 

Also, keep in mind if you are in an HOA or Deed Restricted community they have their own leasing restrictions. 

Otherwise, look over the Airbnb Host Protection Insurance. 

Besides that, welcome to Airbnb 🙂 Feel free to message me with any other specific questions. 

Hi Sierra, thank you for your post! I tell you that I already found out with my county and I must ask for a license to operate my house through Airbnb. I am currently preparing my application.

Thank you very much. We keep in touch!! 🙂