Cooking skills of the hosts matters a lot.

Manoj2
Level 2
Jaipur, India

Cooking skills of the hosts matters a lot.

Me and my wife run a bed and breakfast facility in Jaipur as air bnb host. We have observed that in India we still love to cook full meals in morning and evening for the family and visitors following the legacy passed on for generations from mother to daughter.

My wife Dr. Smita Kulshreshtha has been doing this for the home and later for guests staying in our house besides teaching it to college girls. She takes cookery practicals of Home Science in her college. It always surprised me that she never took it as work or burden but always willingly did it so much so that one day the research team of  TV Channel Fox Life Traveller found us through guests remarks, working for a celebrity Chef Vikas Khanna's serial called Twist of Taste. Her recipe was approved and later Chef Vikas Khanna came to our bed and breakfast facility to obeserve her recipe of a pudding and recorded it for his TV show.

This TV show had viwership of about 50 million people where they saw her making this pudding and later Chef Vikas Khanna twisted it in some other way in recipe called Baklawa. We found that this intrest slowly led her to organise cooking class of 2 hrs for foreign visitors demonstrating and involving them in our Authentic Indian Home Kitchen.

Everything you do regularly refines your skill and soon we started getting excellent reviews for the food served to our staying guests. Her most recent cooking coverage was by BBC for the sequel called " Real Marigold hotel in Jaipur" which we have yet to see. As we are moving forward we are enjoying it more and more and feel this way we are popularising Indian home cooking contributing our little bit to spread Indian cuisine through our foreign visitors.

In all we feel that if the hosts are skilled in cooking it matters a lot to make the bed and breakfast facility visibleDr. Smita Kulshreshtha with celebrity Chef Vikas Khanna..

5 Replies 5
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Manoj2,

Lovely to meet you. What a fantastic story!

It is wonderful to hear your passion for welcoming in people from around the world and your wife's love sharing her cooking. Cooking and eating is a great way to relax and get to know people.

I am intrigued to hear more. I would love to hear more, what type of pudding was it? 🙂

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks Lizzie for appreciating us and our passion. The pudding made was Tomato pudding and Michelin Star chef twisted it in some kind of Baklava. Later on she had a cooking session with well known chef Rosemarry Shragger from London who runs a famous cookery school there and other celebrities from different walks of life during shooting of the movie " Real Marigold hotel in Jaipur"

We will keep sharing our activities here with you.

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hiya @Manoj2 ,

My father is a chef so this topic speaks to me! Looking forward to hearing more of your stories.

Thanks

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Pushpendra1
Level 3
Jaipur, India

Wow!! Congratulations Smita!! Staying in the same city I did not know about this achievement of yours. You are a celebrity!! I hv seen Vikas on TV a lot of times he is a amazing unconventional chef. Wishing you all the best.
Manoj2
Level 2
Jaipur, India

Thanks  a lot Pushpendra ji

We are happy that our small post got noticed by you and you commented over it. Recently we had a session of cooking course with a presenter for promotion of Air Asia on you tube where she cooked and had dinner with us on the name of " dinner with a local family "

The title of 2 minutes shoot was hot heads where she had fiery Rajasthani food withour family after cooking it with Dr. Smita Kulshreshtha.

Dr. Smita Kulshreshtha with celebrity chf Rosemarry Shragger who runs a very popular cookery school in London enjoying some fun filled moments together.Dr. Smita Kulshreshtha with celebrity chf Rosemarry Shragger who runs a very popular cookery school in London enjoying some fun filled moments together.