Cool App Recommendation I Use to Enhance Guest Experience!

Nathan235
Level 2
New York, NY

Cool App Recommendation I Use to Enhance Guest Experience!

Hey Fellow Airbnb'ers!

Unfortunately, this app(HausMart) hasn't made it to the Host Assist section yet but I think its great so wanted to share. Thought it was worth sharing my thoughts.

From their site: "HausMart - it's a trust-based retail solution for vacation rentals that allows you to sell snacks, beverages, local goods, etc. in your property. Guests can check out instantly using PayPal or credit card & you get paid instantly."

This is a great way to make some extra revenue while you host your home to vacationers but the real advantage for me has been improved customer service!

It's in the App Store but you can also download it from their website: https://hausmart.com/

Happy Hosting!

-Nate

4 Replies 4
Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

Hey this sounds great @Nathan235 - just wondering if this is allowed by though. We offer various extras  to our guests and Airbnb had told us we had to put it all through the platform, using the “Request Money” feature. I find this tedious, but we accepted it, and resigned to work that way...

I would much prefer an app like this one but yeah, I don’t know if this is allowed by Airbnb.

Hey Ben!

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I guess I haven't researched all of the finer print details of Airbnb's rules and regulations. This seems much too tedious to 'request money'  from Airbnb. I use it as an honor bar system and just price everything at cost so for me it's not necessarily increased revenue but more so just another way to enhance the guest's experience. 

Ben551
Level 10
Wellington, New Zealand

@Nathan235 Yeah I completely agree with the convenience and service angle... but we are all slaves to the TOS. One foot wrong and it’s bye bye listing, especially when it comes to money taken from guests outside the platform...

I’m hoping a knowledgable person spots this thread and clarifies 🙂

Ian-And-Anne-Marie0
Level 10
Kendal, United Kingdom

In the UK the sale of alcohol needs a license. I've stayed at holiday lets where a honesty box is provided to purchase local ales and seemed to work well, to avoid the issue of 'selling' alcohol and needing a license and for the owner to be in attendance at the procurement. When the produce is at cost I could see it a great benefit to guests but if it was to go through Airbnb it would be a nightmare to administrate. (Would they then need to see licenses of Hosts in order for them to sell alcohol?) Is there really that much difference between a honesty box and an App for providing at cost guest services?