CoronaVirus and our Responsibility as a host or members

Md-Mizanur1
Level 10
BSB, Brunei

CoronaVirus and our Responsibility as a host or members

Dear All Airbnb host and members,

Now we are facing a very big issue globally for Coronavirus. We need take initiative to protect ourselves and our family members. Doctor's advices us to drink a small quantity of water in every hours or as often as possible and make our trought wet, so that will prevent from Coronavirus. The other things is we can use face mask to prevent and avoid touching others who are infected or found the symptom.

We should avoid guest from affect area and should screening every guest before check in to our Airbnb listed property.

CoronavirusCoronavirus

"LOVE YOURSELF AND LOVE THE SOCIETY"

With best regards

from Mizanur

19 Replies 19
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

forget about water - drink rakija or vodka 🙂

About "avoiding guests from the affected area" I just wrote another post about how Airbnb cancellation policy should be updated.

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

Any recommendation for teetotalers  Or are we doomed?

@Alon1

in such cases it's not alcohol... it's medicine 😄

@Branka-and-Silvia0 

And which Doctor told you that? Pull the other one!

@Alon1 

There was a time, not so long ago, when Irish doctors routinely recommended that pregnant women and nursing mothers drink a bottle of Guinness every day. 

And even in the UK, post-operative patients and blood donors were given Guinness, on account of it being rich in iron. 

Obviously, they can't do that in today's delicate world, of course 😉

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susan17 @Branka-and-Silvia0 

.Great Idea.... Let's advise W.H.O to send a few hundred thousand crates of booze to China. That should sort it.

What is your point here

When we had the hurricaine here in Ireland the govt gave good advice which people followed and it kept everyone safe in Ireland. I am hoping the same will happen with the Coronavirus and I will be following the guidelines.

Its ok to say oh whatever but if it comes here there are vunerable people at risk and despite you thinking you will be ok Old people and people who are sick are at risk. Ireland can hardly deal with ill people at the moment and so with added pressure of a virus its worse. Its not ok just bcos you may be ok to be indifferent, I don't want anyone at risk including my elderly parents. Don't be so selfish.

Its actually not a jokeHELLO. People have dropped dead from this. They arnt here to give you a few bob for travelling being so selfish. You may get over it but loads haven't. So it could be your grandmother 

@Bluedoodleol0 

Hysteria isn't going to help anyone either. 

And if the Irish government gave two hoots about keeping anyone safe, our health service wouldn't be of a lower standard than in some third world countries, and we wouldn't have 88-year old grandmothers forced to spend 80 hours on a trolley in a major hospital, because there are no beds available for them. 

And if you're going to have a pop at someone, do try not to put words in their mouths, that they didn't say at all. 

Im certainly not hysterical. Im just pointing out that I couldn't give a **bleep** about Airbnbs policy on extenuating circumstances, If I feel its not safe to host, I wont end of.

What has 88 yr old grandmothers on trolleys got to do with it. The reason the health service is outrageous in this country is due to greed!!! Greed from the likes of FF and FG politicians taking backhanders from greedy people,  landlords included {are you one ?} The reason there are homeless people on the streets is due to landlords outrageous rent prices and people buying numerous homes and renting them out on Airbnb GREED.

Sinn Fein were voted in this election and in true dictatorship fashion they are being prevented from governing.

@Susan17 

And even in the UK, post-operative patients and blood donors were given Guinness, on account of it being rich in iron. 

I thought that was falacy? There's no beneficial iron level in Guinness, but it does make people feel good! 🙂

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Wash your hands, you forgot to mention that. For as long as it takes to sing happy birthday to you,  twice. Not joking.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

The latest recommendations here include:

-to wear a respiratory mask, class N95 or higher

-to use UV germicidal lamps in areas, where it's safe and possible. (Very few areas-this thing is very dangerous and is not for home use)

-to wash hands frequently and use alcohol gel.

-to use bleach (sodium hypochlorite or hydrogen peroxide) or alcohol based products for toilets and  surfaces

-to use medical gloves-but this is a common practice anyway.