CoronaVirus and our Responsibility as a host or members

Md-Mizanur1
Level 10
BSB, Brunei

CoronaVirus and our Responsibility as a host or members

Dear All Airbnb host and members,

Now we are facing a very big issue globally for Coronavirus. We need take initiative to protect ourselves and our family members. Doctor's advices us to drink a small quantity of water in every hours or as often as possible and make our trought wet, so that will prevent from Coronavirus. The other things is we can use face mask to prevent and avoid touching others who are infected or found the symptom.

We should avoid guest from affect area and should screening every guest before check in to our Airbnb listed property.

CoronavirusCoronavirus

"LOVE YOURSELF AND LOVE THE SOCIETY"

With best regards

from Mizanur

19 Replies 19
Brittani7
Level 4
Florida, US

I think the most important thing to note about this virus is that it is airborne which is why there is such rapid spread.   A perfect example is the cruise with over 600 cases and those are just the ones that showed up before they were allowed to disembark.

It's also important to point out that people can shed the virus (meaning they can infect others) before they show signs of being infected themselves.  The incubation period, where the person is infectious before they show signs, has been found to be as long as 3 weeks for some people.

Tests are not readily available and half the ones that are aren't giving us the correct results.  We have had a record number of deaths from the flue this year, schools are shutting down because of the flue in the US.  is it the flue, or is it the coronavirus that has  symptoms similar to the flue?

So yes on the face masks BUT in order for them to be effective, they must fully secure around the face and must be the proper grade mask.  You can also contact coronavirus through your eyes.  

Because it is airborne, simply not touching someone with the virus isn't enough.

Wash hand and use hand sanitizer. 

Avoid large crowded events and places.

Wipe down surfaces of your house that are commonly touched like the bathrooms, door knobs, light switches, and counter tops with bleach.

Stock up on basic necessities like water and dry goods.

Thank you brittani for the sharing of information.

Well said and very sensible

Has airbnb updated their cancellation policy for hosts? I e getting penalized for cancelling guests that have already booked. i am immunocompromised (transplant) I cant afford to catch this. I have already blocked out most of the year. i still have a few guest bookings. I've have had several Cancellations from guest who's conferences have been cancelled. i'm thinking about cancelling my remanning guests.

Call customer service and plead your case,   if your bookings don't meet the criteria-- but you'll probably over-reacting.