Costa Mesa CA Bans Short Terms Rental (STR) with Emergency Ordinance

Meagan-and-Thomas0
Level 1
Costa Mesa, CA

Costa Mesa CA Bans Short Terms Rental (STR) with Emergency Ordinance

The city of Costa Mesa in California just passed an emergency ordinance to stop STRs immediately:

https://www.latimes.com/socal/daily-pilot/news/story/2020-11-11/costa-mesa-city-council-passes-tempo....

If you are affected by this, please reach out to me. We are gathering host information and working with our city council members to defend our stance on STRs. In Costa Mesa specifically, the broom they are using is too large, and many are being swept up that should not be. We should be able to present a strong defense and counter argument to the emergency ordinance.  

Thank you!

6 Replies 6
Debra48
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

Wow. This leaves me speechless. 

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

Not surprised - they seem to have similar bans in other cities in that area.

Vicki37
Level 2
Costa Mesa, CA

Costa Mesa City Council's website does not say anything on this. The article cannot be accessed unless you subscribe. Anyone have the actual article ?

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC
Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

"They don’t seem to be listening or caring for the neighborhoods within which they’re operating what is essentially, party houses,” said Mayor Katrina Foley at the Tuesday council meeting."

How many times in this forum has it been said that any host that allows a party to occur, by not doing their part as to vigilance,  is doing a disservice to everyone else which then allows the "Katrinas" of the world to play a mini-dictator? 

Celine50
Level 2
Costa Mesa, CA

Please join us on Fbook "STR Hosts of Costa Mesa". If you cannot get in, contact me directly and I will invite you. I work with Thomas and Meagan above.