Couple with 2 listings, should we use 1 or 2 profiles??

Phil3544
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Couple with 2 listings, should we use 1 or 2 profiles??

Hi everyone!

we are a married couple with a duplex and we’ve been living in one side and renting the other on Airbnb. 

it’s been doing great and we got our Superhost status recently. Now we are moving out and listing our side on Airbnb as well

So, the question is what are the pros and cons of starting a new profile for the new listing vs putting the new listing under our current Superhost profile?

My thoughts are that since there are 2 of us, it might be valuable to build 2 Superhost profiles, in case something negative happens to one. On the other hand, we have lots of momentum on the current profile and it might be more valuable to carry that into the new listing as well 

Would love to hear thoughts asap! Photos are done and we are looking to list this weekend! 

thanks friends ❤️

3 Replies 3
Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

My natural instinct is to set up the person who does the hosting work as the person who should become known to the guest. I’m married, and I give some recognition to my husband by hosting both of my properties as “Pat & Jim” in the profile, but I do all of the hosting work myself.  Therefore, I identify myself in my welcome, reminder, etc. messages. It feels more natural to me to personalize myself to my guests.

For the reasons above, I have never really thought about hosting one of my listings, and setting up my husband to be host of the other. It’s an interesting concept, though, and I can understand your reasoning about the pros/cons of splitting them up. I’m interested to hear what other hosts think.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Surely it's much easier to manage your STR business under one profile than two???

Yeah I think so too. We would probably each co-host the other profile, so we could see all messages etc, but I’m not sure how much that would help simplify it.