Cover picture selection

Albert1844
Level 2
Redlands, CA

Cover picture selection

Looks like all guests tap your property without readying anything, it all depends on the cover picture. I have been trying to select what is the best picture to put in the cover, can I ask people’s opinion on which picture on the listing will you make the cover picture?

https://www.airbnb.com/h/snowboard

seems like the cover picture is the most important part of the listing?

4 Replies 4
Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Albert1844  really lovely place! I agree the cover picture is important. Do you have a nice one of the exterior? Some guests love a fancy kitchen, but the prevailing wisdom is to keep your listing like a real estate tour-- start with the outside and walk the guest through your place in an order that makes sense so they get a feel for the layout/size. Some hosts even put up a floor plan. 

I don't care about kitchens in the least when I travel as I go on vacation to eat local food, so a forward facing kitchen would not appeal to me, no matter how nicely done it was. I do get a fair number of guests who cook (one even baked a wedding cake at our cottage) and you certainly call out to those. Nonetheless, the first picture should give you the "vibe" of the listing-- the uniqueness and specialness of the property itself. I would put up a pretty exterior photo as the first thing guests see.  Maybe something at sunset with the windows lit up? Something that shows all the beautiful greenery around the house? 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I'd second what Laura suggested.

Also, you have way too many redundant photos of the kitchen, living room, bathroom and bedroom. More photos is not necessarily better if they are just repetitious.

@Albert1844 

Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

that link doesn't work for me.  And it doesn't show you as a host in the profile.  Did you pull the listing?

Unlisted and fixing the pictures right now with the suggestions