Covid - swimming pool uk

Sarah3462
Level 2
Nettleham, United Kingdom

Covid - swimming pool uk

Hi 

can guests use a private pool that is just for their use during their stay yet?

10 Replies 10
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah3462 I would say yes as its part of a private dwelling - If the house had a gym surely that would be ok even though public gyms are closed - Swimming pools are surely the same.

Thank you so much 

Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

Public pools in England are allowed to reopen from 25 July, but I guess this doesn't apply to a privately rented place like yours, as long as the place is cleaned thoroughly between guests.  

As reported: "it's not the actual swimming that's the risk but it is all the other stuff that goes with it - the changing rooms, getting in and out the pool and the risk of shared showers." (not relevant in your case)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/explainers-53349989 

Sarah3462
Level 2

Thank you so much!

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would imagine as long as you have the right cleaning systems in place as part of your Covid cleaning policy you should be fine @Sarah3462 

Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Most pools have enough chemicals in them to kill off far bigger bugs than covid, @Sarah3462, and it was the mingling/shared spaces (forgetting those nasty sticking plasters) in sport centres/pools that caused them to be closed. 

This one was closed, because of too many COvid cases in the area. The hot mineral water itself is not enough to kill the virus.

g_31564

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

@Sarah3462  with so much chemicals in the water, no virus can survive...

Sarah3462
Level 2

Thank you so much! 

Sarah3462
Level 2

Thanks everyone , I’ve confirmed to the guest - just needed that reassurance!