Covid

Vikki35
Level 2
Scotland, United Kingdom

Covid

Hi...just checking if there are any rules about guests bringing visitors to my house while in lockdown

5 Replies 5
Gordon0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Hi @Vikki35 You're in the UK.... I presume you are aware of our government's order that NO accommodation providers (including Airbnb by implication) are to host tourists, people visiting friends/family, or any non-essential travel? The ONLY people who are allowed to travel, and whom we are allowed to host are key workers, needing accommodation to do essential jobs away from home.

https://www.gov.uk/coronavirus 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-advice-for-accommodation-providers 

So, I'm surprised you have any guests booked in the near future! (Have Airbnb BLOCKED calendars in Scotland till 16 Apr, or is that just England?) Even if/when your calendar is open, you can only take key workers. I would have thought it was AGAINST THE SPIRIT AND LETTER OF THE LAW to allow any key worker guests to have visitors - We are not allowed visitors in our main residence, so why should we be allowed to host them elsewhere? We are not allowed to meet up in market places, parks or beaches, so why in private homes?

Only key workers should be in your rental - no one else!

@Helen3  (!)

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Vikki35 

Vikki, please tell us you are kidding! Please tell us you are simply trying to play the part of 'devils advocate' here and stirring the pot!

A/.... you currently have guests in breach of your country's current social distancing regulations. 

B/.....that you would come here and expect us to validate your guest having a party!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jeez, seriously.......... I learn something new every day!

Cheers......Rob

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Vikki35  Your listing is for 4 guests maximum, yet you say there is ample seating in the dining room for 6. Why? This is an encouragement for guests to invite others over.

And of course if you have guests in residence, they can't have other people over. What do think lockdown means?