Cozy vs sterile

Michelle1851
Level 10
Littleton, CO

Cozy vs sterile

Hi, I am somewhat new to hosting. The reason I started my 2 listings was because I had such good experiences in staying in Airbnb’s previously.  

Before starting I read the forums and suggestions and tried to supply what everyone else did.  

For the first time since operating an Airbnb, we are staying in one, I am really discouraged, it’s a fine place but nothing really to stand out.  The photos were so beautiful, but it is sterile, no games, no coffee, the bare minimum.  I was hoping to get my spouse to switch to Airbnb’s for business travel, I’m afraid now he’ll never try another one.  

So I’m just curious about amenities and coziness?  What do others feel is important when staying at an Airbnb?

20 Replies 20
Stephanie1933
Level 10
Christchurch, New Zealand

@Basha0 I am exactly the same as you, minus the interior designer part! A comfortable bed, quality linen is a must for us. Our furniture is good quality and so are the beds. A fully equipped kitchen because we appeal to families and groups and many like to cook! A large bbq as well. What I do love about Airbnb is the eclectic mix of hosts and places to stay. Keep up the good work 🙂 

Michelle1851
Level 10
Littleton, CO

Basha your home sounds exactly what I was looking for, comfortable yet with the amenities I desire:) There’s something for everyone, I now know my preferences. 

Sharon683
Level 10
Los Angeles, CA

I try and make my place warm and cozy by adding nice smelling candles, robes, having wine glasses in the rooms, a nice plant on their work station desk, magazines on the bookshelf, fresh fruit, oatmeal packs, crackers, popcorn and health bars accompanied with mini water bottles coffee and tea.  I spoil my guest.  I think it is the southern lifestyle I grew up with.  I also just purchased a suitcase stand for their luggage.  I love to make people feel at home. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I finally got my decorator-sister to come and spend time in the island; she turned the whole place upside down and for little money. Nothing like professionals!

IMG_4784b.jpgSmall CabanaSmall Cabana

@Fred13  Wow, it's like a whole new place. And no, it doesn't take a big outlay of cash to revamp, it just takes an eye for detail and decor.

My maternal grandma was good at making a place look nice. I remember when I was a kid, it was a running joke if we'd drive by some total disgusting dump destined for the wrecking ball, my dad would say to my mom, "Your mother could turn that place into a dollhouse".

What I don't get is how she turns a nothing room into something, the mirror was a classic example, takes glue and some junky shells around the island and made the frame for it. The birds were worn with no color, no problem, you got some paints laying around? The paintings she wiped up in a few hours. The lousy photos however are all mine.  LoL

IMG_4704b.jpgIMG_4858b.jpgPolish_20211105_184009408b.jpgPolish_20211105_184214275b.jpg