Crazy, nosy neighbors

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Crazy, nosy neighbors

So im really good about hosting, keepinig a low profile and not disturbing what amounts to the peacefulness of the neighborhood. Most neighbors dont know each other and have never said hi to me and to be honest i dont care to know them. They stay in their lane and me and my guests in mine and life will continue on without issue. 

Well, while putting around my room I happen to hear someone yelling outside my window only to see my guests talking to someone. I thought they were talking to each other at the rear of their car but they were being yelled at by my next door neighbor.  

The whole interaction only took a minute or so but its pretty much what we see stateside on CNN of being harrassed while black. If youre in the US you know what i mean. White people harrass everyday african americans, which my guests are, while going about their day. 

Well, if i wasn't so shocked at what i saw i would have ran outside and confronted her, but after pointing her finger and yelling "you don't belong here, this isnt a hotel" she went inside and closed her door.

My guests drove off. I called them and apoligized and they said they felt discrimianted against. Her tone was disgusting. Think of African Americans drinking out of a "whites only" water fountain and being yelled at. That was her tone. Immediately I contacted code enforcement which oddly enough said me and my guests are within our legal rights to be here. So now I have to contact my local police station. 

Anyone else have neighbor issues? Id like to be adults about this and talk it out but I also know some people have to have a visit from the local police department and be served a restraining order to get the hint. 

4 Replies 4
Gary391
Level 1
College Station, TX

I’m so sorry this happened to your guests! I can hardly believe this still happens today! I hope the police do you visit your neighbor and give her something to think about. As well as a restraining order.

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Zacharias0 ::speechless:: I am so sorry that this happened to your guests. I am so sorry that you are having to apologize for neanderthals. I can't imagine how you move forward with these people living next door.

I do hope that you will keep us updated. I can't imagine that you are alone with problematic neighbors.

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Zacharias0, that must have been horrible and I hope you get over it soon. Sorry for you!

I think you need to speak to police, before you get other guests offending the neighbor ‘s xenophobia. She might be able to call police on them with some crazy charges. I don’t want to read about you in the news with a link to a CNN video, helicopter circling over a guest’s car, a squat team on your door and windows! 

It’s just horrible, that nobody in power has a plan how to lead society to make more people happy. It’s all about how install fear, make people hate each other for crazy notions, to increase the power of a few profiteers. It happens in more and more countries, just the crazy notions vary. 

JoAnn36
Level 2
Austin, TX

So sorry to hear that.  I have only had one neighbor ask me if I have a Home Away visit .  I said, yes it's similar.  I exchanged numbers.  I ask my guest to pull all the way into my garage, they are allowed to use my garage loading and unloading., keeping the noisy neighbors out of my business.

Also I emphasize no parties, I prefer they don't conjugate on the front.

We have a quiet street and rather calm, it's been a nice experience. Hope this is helpful.