Created new experience - instantly 'declined'

Chris1047
Level 2
Horam, United Kingdom

Created new experience - instantly 'declined'

Hi there,

Does anyone have experience of creating experiences? I just filled out the long form adding descriptions, details, prices, times, everything then hit the 'submit' button. It was immediately delcined. Why? I reviewed the experience standards and it meets all of those, but no-one would have had time to read and review my experience so I don't understand why it was declined.

Can anyone help?

40 Replies 40

Were you instantly denied when you first submitted? What did you do to re-work your experience? 

Yes, I would love to hear from the first person who seems to have reached a breakthrough! 

Karen571
Level 2
Bend, OR

The same thing just happened to me.  I know my Experience is unique; who else has over 8 years teaching how to paint with beer and coffee? I also received the instant denial before any human could have looked over my submission.  Yet easy things like 'taste coffee with a local' makes it in? My town does offer Experiences too... I can happily continue teaching these classes as before; just seems like Airbnb would want a cut of my profits if I'm willing to go through them to book!

Hlaka2
Level 1
Cape Town, ZA

It's my second time submitting a similar experience and its being declined. Second time around I improved the wording and provided better images. It's really frustrating for Airbnb to not specifically state what the issue is as opposed to declining it. 

Emma1987
Level 1
Berlin, DE

The same happened to me, without explanation or possibilty to fix maybe missing information. Looks like nobody has ever received an answer from airbnb since this threat is going on in 2018? !

I got declined today. I think there is no human involvement in the process. You are basically talking to a logarithm. All responses seam to be automatically generated. I guess depending on the area you stay in, the experience type and some key words in the application you will be declined or not. I personally called the hotline. They replied : "different department" so there is no way of actually communicating with any human being regarding the hosting being declined. As many here I also spent hours and hours trying to refine the unique experience. I think as soon as there are alternative platforms airbnb will change this policy in order to meet new competition. For now I cannot see any alternatives in my area (south east asia)

Julia2694
Level 1
Barcelona, ES

i have the same problem,and do not understand why my experience has been denied?i even have all the legal paperes to the activity i offer and evena webside,i have found some similer activities in my town and can do much better what they offer,still,my experience is denied,and there is no one in airbnb to help me out:(

Can a request be made for another review of a declined online experience?

My wife submitted an online experience which was declined by the review team. Is there a procedure for requesting another review with improvements? Does the Airbnb have such a mechanism?

Silvia1780
Level 2
Berlin, Germany

I had the same problem! I submitted my online experience yesterday by considering all the quality standards and requirements and in the night I received the response that it was rejected. When I tried it again today, by changing few things, putting better pictures, etc. as soon as I submitted I received the email of airbnb saying it was declined. So no human reviewed it and it was declined immidiately. Did somebody find a way to let it approve? 

I have similar problem I have completed all the required section but at the end does not give me the possibility to submit. actually the icon 'submit' is off! anybody had this problem?