Created new experience - instantly 'declined'

Chris1047
Level 2
Horam, United Kingdom

Created new experience - instantly 'declined'

Hi there,

Does anyone have experience of creating experiences? I just filled out the long form adding descriptions, details, prices, times, everything then hit the 'submit' button. It was immediately delcined. Why? I reviewed the experience standards and it meets all of those, but no-one would have had time to read and review my experience so I don't understand why it was declined.

Can anyone help?

40 Replies 40
Bryan10
Level 10
Feltham, United Kingdom

That's very annoying and unfortunate!  I know experiences are only available in certain places, could that be the reason to be declined? I had an email today form Airbnb saying "Airbnb experiences are now available in [my town]", so I'm considering it.  Let's hear from some people who have recently started up their experiences? 

Chris1047
Level 2
Horam, United Kingdom

I typed in my town name right at the start (Heathfield) and it said we were covered, so I don't know why it was rejected. I got a follow-up email as well...

"Thanks for submitting an idea to host an experience. Unfortunately, it doesn’t appear to meet the requirements for responsible hosting, so it won’t be moving forward to next steps."

There's no way to appeal, or edit the idea, or find out more.

It also happened to me, I found it to be really rude annoying..since I also spend a lot of time writing it up....

I will make sure to avoid their services..

PabloDV0
Level 2
Marbella, Spain

This is happening to me too. its the second time i re-submit the experience, and I still don't get specific reasons on why it is declined. Could someone in the airbnb team respond?

Thanks and Regards, 

Pablo.

Very frustrating, I submitted an experience last week too and after they had me change my "what about" and "where we'll be" sections twice they just sent me an email telling me the experience had been declined with absolutely no explanation as to why. Just a bunch of automatic jibberish and no way to contact anyone of course. This is very unfair and very wrong ! 

I experienced exactly the same thing. I don't know to keep trying or just go to a different platform

Ben509
Level 1
Seattle, WA

Same thing happened to me, Kriss. I followed all the rules and made a really cool one that I know people would love, but it got declined and I see no way to re-submit 😞

Daniel708
Level 2
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Im super mad every expirience have been declined, any way to get them aprooved.

Whakarongotai0
Level 1
Tauranga, New Zealand

Yes I followed all the rules also - very frustrating because there is no info as to why it has been declined.

Sharon595
Level 1
Thousand Oaks, CA

Did anyone had any explanation?

I don't understand. Why let me go trough all the process if you are decline it without a reason. Why should I bother to try again?

I didn't get a chance to submit my experience. athey won't highlight the button even though everything is filled out.

Tess62
Level 1
Stamford Bridge, United Kingdom

They won't let you submit if you check the wrong box, go back through that sction and try changing those options and see if it will then let you submit

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Twice Ive tried, I give up

Roy122
Level 2
Cabangan, Philippines

Same thing happened to me .. I met all of the requirments and received the email that it was under review for 1-2 weeks.. then almost immediately after that another email that it was declined.. no reasons or way to respond.. no way to know what they did not like.. nothing.. very sad... we still do the cooking classes just not with Airbnb I guess.. Can anyone respond at Airbnb to tell me why?  Roy Grimm Superhost 2 years running