Creating a separate Pet Cleaning Fee

Joe284
Level 1
Jim Thorpe, PA

Creating a separate Pet Cleaning Fee

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year!  I wanted to as for our communities help on adding a separate and only if applicable "pet cleaning fee" to our listing for animals.  We are finding that our "normal cleaning fee" works well, but the moment a cat or dog is involved it almost time and halfs if not doubles the amount of time for a cleaning.  I see that our standard "cleaning fee is always applied" but want to add this line item for pets.  I can't seem how to add this line item to our listing of fees.  Can anyone help us please?  Thank you! Joe and justine

6 Replies 6
Gillian19
Level 10
St Leonards, Australia

@Joe284 At the moment this is not possible. For some reason Airbnb haven't made this easy change despite several suggestions to do so. For now you have to make it clear in your listing that a pet fee applies and then request an additional payment via the resolution centre. Gillian

O.K. first... here is another suggestion for Airbnb to add the option of an additional cleaning fee when pets are guests.  ( How hard can this be to do ? )

I not clear on how this fee should be mentioned in the listing and how the process of requesting an additional pet cleaning fee / payment via the resolution center works.  Thank you for any help in this matter.

Sharlene4
Level 2
Regina, Canada

I agree!  I need help adding a cleaning fee to guests who have a pet!  Thanks so much!!

We Agree! The cleaning times doubles especially if the guests had long haired dogs or animals that shed. I hope airbnb can figure this out soon.

Gary and Heather Merrill

Jennifer1229
Level 1
Salt Lake City, UT

I am not sure why this should be so difficult to add the ability to charge an extra pet fee.  Should we contact Airbnb?  How have you all gotten around it as I allow instant booking and that's difficult to deal with after they book.....thanks much!

Kira265
Level 2
California, United States

I would like to know what people are charging for Pets??? What is a standard fee? Is that per animal?? Yes cleaning time is increased, sometimes a lot! What are you all charging out there?