Curious: How do other hosts handle pay per view TV?

Kendra17
Level 3
Dawson Creek, Canada

Curious: How do other hosts handle pay per view TV?

Happy Holidays, 

Wondering how other hosts handle pay per view TV.  I just had cable TV’s hooked up in 2 rental rooms and set a PIN password on them....but what if someone wants to watch a pay per view movie?  

If they ask - would you give them the PIN?

If yes, once they have they have the PIN how do I make sure they pay me for each view?  Is it as simple as asking them to keep track?

Thank you in advance for any suggestions 🙂

Happy New Year!

Kendra

5 Replies 5
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

@Kendra17 Pay-per-view is a can of worms. They can watch Netflix or something similar on their own dime. 

Thank you! I was thinking along the same lines but wasn’t 100% sure

Michelle-and-Ray0
Level 10
Kimberley, Canada

I wouldn't give my pin out to anyone, ever. If they are that desperate to watch a movie, they can watch their own Netflix account, as @Cynthia-and-Chris1 suggested.

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I have had people log on to their Netflix accounts, do not see it as an issue. 

Does you Cable TV contract allow you to re sell? Commercial accounts are usually much more expensive than domestic ones. Nobody watched the TV so I took it out.

David
Kendra17
Level 3
Dawson Creek, Canada

Thanks David, 

most of my guests are up here for work in the oil/gas industry or healthcare.  They work long hours, eat then watch TV.  I have a smart TV in one room but in another an older computer capable TV....if they didn’t bring a lap top they didn’t have anything to watch except on their Tablets or phones.  

Since I think I will be renting a third room in my place soon....figured Optic TV would be the best choice....all runs on wifi...no cables.  But I worried about the pay per view...I will opt as suggested and ask them to use Netflix on their own account.

Thank you all!