Custom Availability Settings Won't Stick

Ed-And-Terry0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

Custom Availability Settings Won't Stick

We have a 3-night minimum stay. Often we have windows between bookings shorter than that. When I go to adjust those availability settings to a 2-night minimum for specific dates, the next day those custom settings for those specific dates disappear and I have to do it again. Has anyone else had this issue? Anyone from Airbnb care to respond?

Thanks, Ed in Venice, CA

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Ed-And-Terry0 ,

After setting the custom availibility, did you check on your listing (by simulating a booking on the booking form) if the settings are working correctly ? Custom availibility can be set when managing the listing under "availibilty", but also as a ruleset, to be activated from the multicalender (with also more options). When using rulesets a common mistake is not save twice(!), first for the setting and second for the ruleset itself.

Best regards,

Emiel

Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Ed-And-Terry0. And also note that you can not have TWO different settings for the same date. When you try this, there is a very discrete warning that flashes, but no more warning than that.

So the process has to be, you edit the three day minimum to end on the date of your last reservation, create a new rule for three days after that reservation, and then create yet another rule for your two day minimum.

Oh! And if one of those three days cancels, go back in to adjust again. It is a lot of work to get the results most of us want.

Ed-And-Terry0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

The 3-day minimum is a global setting for my listing. The availability settings lets me set custom 2 day stay dates and for a while, all seems good. When I check the next day, all of the custom dates have disappeared and I have to re-enter them all. I may have to contact Airbnb to see if this is a software issue. Thanks for your reply.

Ed-And-Terry0
Level 3
Los Angeles, CA

As of now, the custom 2-day dates are still there. I'll see if they survive the night. thanks again