Custom Weekly and Monthly Pricing Gone?

Dave23
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

Custom Weekly and Monthly Pricing Gone?

I just went in to update our prices.  We have always set a high base price then used custom weekly prices for seasonal variations.  It apears this option has ceased and we are supposed to give long term discounts instead.  This is total madness.  We now cannot vary prices according to season.  Prices in Spain in summer can be almost three times those in winter. Does airbnb not realise that?  What is more, we haven't even been informed of the changes so without our knowledge, prospective guests are seing only the base price.  I cannot believe this was airbnb's intention.  If so, then they need to rethink fast.  We cannot use such a system.  Dave

19 Replies 19
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Dave23

It is under discounts - at the very bottom there are links to custom monthly and weekly in very small print.

Dave23
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

Thanks so much for the reply and apologies for not replying sooner.  Have now found and amended.   One wonders why something so vital is hidden away like that.  Whilst airbnb works well, they really need a better website designer IMHO.  Nothing seems intuitive.  Dave

Dear Dave, I also find it very frustrating that such an obvious pricing aspect is so difficult to set. I actuallly cannot find the link to custom the daily rates. From the conversation above, I guess it is under the "Length-of-stay prices" tab where one can set weekly and monthly discounts, but unfortunately I cannot see any link at the bottom of this tab? Could you kindly tell me exactly where is this link? thank you so mcuh for you help! Diane
Dave23
Level 2
Horsham, United Kingdom

Hi Diane

Yes it is under 'Length of Stay Prices'.  You need to clicl 'Edit'  then scroll to the bottom where it says:  You’ve set a custom weekly price for 53 weeks.        Then click on the '53 weeks'  '  Indeed, who on earth would design such a tortuous way to get to one of the most vital settings?!

Tim81
Level 1
Liphook, United Kingdom

Hi

Has this 'Custom weekly and monthly Price' option disappeared for anyone else? I was half way through editing these for our properties, I go to continue doing this today and the the option just isn't there anymore. It just has the options for the weekly/monthly discounts which isn't what I want! 

Has it moved?!?

Thanks

Same here... I couldn't find it as of yesterday....

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks!

Amanda360
Level 1
Mendlesham Green, United Kingdom

Yes I am having the same problem. Trying to set weekly prices for next year but option seems to have disappeared. Applying a discount is not an option if your weekly prices varies throughout the year.

Ryan296
Level 1
Huntington Beach, CA

same problem.  I rent my place mostly by the month so this is a huge issue for me

yes - its gone for me now too - just after I unknowingly set the total monthly rate as the daily rate for winter - and now im getting bookings for a month at GBP35 all inclusive and theres no way I can correct it>

Suppose the only way now is to delet my entire listing...............

Cant believe that such a profitable company can allow mistakes like this

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @John1110

Go to the place you usually find it and refresh your screen, it should pop up. I think we have another bug.

Untitled3.jpg

Thanks

I can see that now but only after a screen refresh!!!!!!

Phew that was 2 hours wasted

On my screen - the link doesn't show green.  It is same colour as rest of text and the link still works - day wasted not trying it!

Untitled3.jpg

found it!!!!!!!!!!

Under "questions" click "contact us"

Follow prompts all the way to "pricing"

A window opens with your establishment details

click "weekly "or "monthly" pricing which are in blue and change it there

When I view your listing, @Ryan296, I see both a weekly and a monthly discount, so I am not sure if there is a different problem I am not aware of.