Custom pricing

Sharlan0
Level 2
Royal Oak, MI

Custom pricing

Earlier threads on this subject are several years old so I'm starting a new one. I want to set custom, lower minimum pricing for winter months but it seems I have to remove smart pricing to do it. But that means that all I'll ever get is the minimum, even if demand is high on some dates. Thoughts? 

4 Replies 4

@Sharlan0i don't recommend Smart Pricing for anyone. But with it off, you're free to manually enter any price for any date that you please, or to use a range of pricing tools that activate your preferences throughout the open calendar dates.

I suggest taking some time to familiarize yourself with all the variables in the calendar settings, and looking at how the the results play out in the calendar. If anything looks off to you, you can always manually adjust it. Also, if for some strange reason you feel attached to "smart" pricing, you can apply it to some dates but deactivate it for others.

The point is, you are in full control of how your listing is priced. 

Suy62
Level 2
Kemah, TX

Is there an easier way to do selection in Calendar?  For example, let say I want to select only Fridays and Saturdays for that month to change their prices higher than the weekdays.  The way for me to do it now is to select Friday and Saturday for each week, one at a time.  How do I select all the Fridays and Saturdays for the whole month at one time.  Holding down the shift or control key did not work.  Thanks in advance. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Suy62 that one thing is easier in the app

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

@Sharlan0 if you want to use smart pricing but with wildly different base points then you'll need two different listings.

how many people really see much upward movement within their smart priced listings??

I'm more toward like what @Anonymous mentions... I know what I want to get so I mostly manual price