Customizing Messages

Corky0
Level 2
Sandy, UT

Customizing Messages

I read somewhere that when sending  a message that I can put in [NAME] as a greeting and that the system will insert the first name of the person being addressed. I can't make this work. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks 

Corky

5 Replies 5
Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hey @Corky0 I've never seen that feature, but I do see something similar this morning - you can create "saved messages".    Pick any guest conversation, and reply to any message.   You'll see the "use saved messages" just under where you write to the guest.  Click on that, and you can create and save a variety of canned responses.   This is very handy for me, as I can cut and paste various responses that I use for guests.

hey that is not available on my profile how do I get it?

Kostas1
Level 2
Peloponnisos Dytiki Ellada ke Ionio, Greece

In my case that is working only on airbnb Android app (i don't know if this feature works also on iOS).

Just add the text [NAME] in a fast message, save it and when you use this fast message the [NAME] will change with the person's name.

My question is that is the only attribute or we can use more (let's say check in/ out dates, number of night, persons etc)?

If i find something i will reply back!

Tyler9
Level 1
Philadelphia, PA

I'm sorry, but at this time since the last update, saved messages with the new "other guest's first name"  just doesn't work anymore 😠

Prior to the last update, a majority of my saved messages started with "Hello  (inquirer's or guest's first name),  and now after the last update it's literally "Hello  %{other_user_first_name}".  This looks so personal to my guests,  let me tell you.

I've tried many attempts, edits, and reused saved messges. No luck. Hopefully Airbnb will tweak this small oversite.

Hi, I just read your messages from 2016 about the name at the beginning of the saved messages. Did you achieved fixing it? it  would help a lot. Thank you, Laura