[DISCOVER] Seville, Spain

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

[DISCOVER] Seville, Spain

The original topic was created in the French speaking Community Center, by @Adriano78 and translated below.

Seville is the kind of city that people fall in love with on their first trip.

Set on the banks of the Guadalquivir River, Seville inherits from its rich Arab past with Mudejar architecture a unique style unique to southern Spain that blends Muslim and European influences.

The architectural core of the historical centre is formed by the Cathedral (Giralda), the Alcázar and the Archives of the Indies ; today, the famous Giralda and its Orange Tree Court are preserved from this Arab heritage.

Not far from the Giralda, the Alcázar stands on a 9th-century Arab alcazaba, and its ramparts contain numerous rooms, sumptuous salons and romantic patios, while its vast gardens, with Arab and Renaissance elements, border the entire site.

The Archives of the Indies is one of the largest existing documentation centres on the conquest of the New World. Also, let's not forget the famous Plaza de Espana.

The city has a multitude of tapas bars and restaurants, and various specialties make up the traditional dishes such as the famous "rabo de toro" or bull tail stew with vegetables. For dessert, there is the "tocino del cielo" or typical Andalusian flan. You can also opt for "yemas" which are small sweets.

At only 80 Km from Seville, you can find the beautiful beach of Mazagon.

1.png

TORRE DELL 'OROTORRE DELL 'ORO

La GiraldaLa Giralda

PLAZA DE ESPANAPLAZA DE ESPANA

ALCAZARALCAZAR

MAZAGONMAZAGON

8 Replies 8
Francesca
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I love Seville! I was there years ago and it is still in my heart: thanks for this beautiful post @Adriano78 . 

Hey, hai un dubbio o una domanda?

Pubblicala cliccando >>QUI<< troveremo la risposta insieme.

Dai un’occhiata alla nostra netiquette, le

Linee guida della community

Grazie Francesca, you are welcome again!

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Nick and @Adriano78 

Adding this to my list of must-go places!  

Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I can confirm  it is a magical place @Ann72 

Thank you @Adriano78 and big thanks to @Emilie for making this happen! 

Adriano78
Level 10
Seville, Spain

@Nick  Thank you for your wonderful translation!

@Nick  and @Ann72   hope to see you one day in Sevilla!

Marissa107
Level 6
Marbella, Spain

@Adriano78 @Nick  thanks for posting.

Beautiful Sevilla is 2-hour -leisure drive from my place.  https://airbnb.com/h/beach-penthouse-apartment-estepona-malaga

Most of my guests do it as a day road trip. 

Welcome to Andalucia and Costa del Sol @Ann72 

Marissa107 in Estepona, Malaga Spain❤️

Thanks, @Marissa107 - gorgeous!  I've saved it.  Perfect for me and my three grown daughters.  Maybe you'll come to Maine someday!  🙂  https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/23646613?&s=67&unique_share_id=ec9e5faf-1ce0-4c44-81af-b08e328bb44a

@Adriano78 @Nick 

Thank you for the post 😁 😁 

My dad was in Spain for work about 15? 18? yrs ago for a month and was able to do a bit of travelling on weekends while he was there - he always said if you had to pick just ONE place in Spain to see, it is Seville. It's always been on my list of must-see places.