DVD or Smart TV-- what do your guests prefer?

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

DVD or Smart TV-- what do your guests prefer?

We have Smart TVs with Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime etc. at our cottage. I always thought this was a plus 🙂 I have gotten several requests over the last 2 months for a DVD player. We personally have not used one in ages and don't have a backlog of DVDs to share. A few guests have asked for specific movies. 

I have stayed in Airbnbs with DVD players and miss my Smart TV when I am there but that is probably because its what I am used to. So DVD or Smart T V? Which do you prefer? What do you recommend for guests?

17 Replies 17
Ann783
Level 10
New York, NY

We offer both - Smart TVs and DVD player. My guess is that most guest use the Smart TVs

Nash-Cottages-LLC0
Level 10
Nashville, TN

@Laura2592 We have premium cable channels and a DVD player. There is a Redbox located within walking distance and, because someone asked for it and we had one we weren't using, it was easy enough to relocate it to our cottage. We do not, however, supply DVDs. The player gets used more than you'd think! 

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I don't have any subscription services, only DVDs. Hundreds, all genres, many you just can't find on streaming. I do have a smart tv if anyone wants to use their own subscription.  No complaints,  guests seem to like it  I do advertise as being low tech everything. Keeping it simple.