Damage: Who Dunnit?

Vish0
Level 2
Toronto, Canada

Damage: Who Dunnit?

First time visiting and posting on what I imagine is a great resource...

Hello everyone. I have been away for a week and in the time I have hosted three different guests during that time. My maid who cleans and preps the place between each guest just informed me of scratches on my stainless steel fridge. I asked her if she saw the scratches during the last cleaning to determine if I should follow up with the most recent guest or the one before. She said she only noticed it now but the scracthes could very well have been there before and she just didn't see it until this time. 

This puts me in a bind... Since I can't for sure link someone's stay with the timing of the damage, which guest do I follow up with and how? They are not going to admit they did it. If they were the kind, they would have volunteered that information themselves. Or if someone in the group did it but did not tell the person who made the reservation then that makes finding out who is responsible even more difficult.

In the end, I am left with damages to a very expensive thing and would like to be able to hold someone responsible. Any suggestions how I go about this if someone has had a similar experience?

Thanks,

Vish

1 Reply 1
Jeremy31
Level 1
West Hollywood, CA

I'm now in a similar situation. It's apparently not difficult to buff out scratches but I don't think I should have to pay for the scratch remover ($10). As of right now, I've emailed the guest and said basically, "what's up with this? Not cool". If they don't answer back by this evening, I'll put in a claim. If they fess up and apologize, and offer to make it right -- cool. I mean, who makes a perfect oval in a refrigerator!!! WTF??