Damages

Sue24
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Damages

I noticed one of my sliding closet doors no longer stay between the rails and there is some damage to the door frame (metal frame revealed whereas it was previously plastered).  I check these closet doors each time as this is where the washer/dryer are located.  I checked when I cleaned after the previous guest and it was fine but now this door is loose and comes off the rails after the latest guest.  Is this something I can claim on the security deposit (or worth claiming)?

2 Replies 2
Linda0
Level 10
Spring, TX

Sue, yes you can ask the guest for repairs if you can get them to admit to causing the problem with the sliding doors. More than likely they will not remember doing anything that would cause the doors to come off the tracts. It's really the kind of thing to happens from wear and tear. I won't press this issue to much as it is,a minimal fix or repair.
Dirk4
Level 1
Cape Town, South Africa

We had exactly the same happen, glass out of frame and door off the track. Had to get a repair man in and guests claim it was like that when they 'found' it. Enough to make one sour about it all, but I'd suggest writing it off as the cost of doing business if the repair costs aren't that great...