Dammage to linnen

Andy2350
Level 1
Wilderness, ZA

Dammage to linnen

Good day all, this is my first conversation.

I want to know what you other host would do if you had the bad experience as we had with our last guest. They were 2 adults and 2 children

Unfortunately these guests had no respect for our property. A Double Duvet Cover and Queen Quilt had coloured blotches all over, not sure whether it was cause with Koki Colouring pens, but it needed to be replaced as it could not come clean. Furthermore the couch in the lounge was also dirty, probably cause by dirty feet. The floors were also left unswept.

Do you send them a invoice or leave it be? It is the first guest that we had with this problem

Kind regards to you all

1 Reply 1

@Andy2350   If you choose to request compensation through the Resolution Center, it's best to only stick to concrete physical damage for which you can submit receipts and photos to back up the claim. Unswept floors and dirt on the sofa are not worth bringing into that.

I wouldn't personally bother with a claim over damaged linens, as I see periodically replacing these heavily used items as a normal cost of doing business in holiday accommodation. Also, color marks don't render linens unusable; a good fabric dye should be enough to at least make them suitable for personal use. But if the amount you might recover is worth the hassle of engaging a potential dispute and waiting weeks for a third party to resolve a damage case, it's well within your rights to go that route.