Dates available but guest can't book?

Answered!
Mark65
Level 2
New York, NY

Dates available but guest can't book?

One of my listing has completely open dates, guest is pre-approved, and he says he cannot book it...?

Any idea why?

Also - did asking questions to AirBnB directly disappear or is it just very hard to find.

I used to be able to, now no idea where to find it.

Please help,

Josh

1 Best Answer

I had this issue just now. If you're new to airbnb, and have never booked something before, you are restricted from booking a full house or condo and are forced to book a hotel or guest house. Dumbest thing Ive ever seen. I have 2 large dogs I am NOT booking a hotel haha

View Best Answer in original post

21 Replies 21
Oriana5
Level 2
Split, Croatia

I have similar problem.

First of all guest sent me a message in Airbnb inbox asking about availability for the certain date. Then I  Pre-approved his reservation and waited for him to decide will he confirm his arrival to Split. After that, tomorrow morning he tried to finalize the booking but he could not. So he asked me to hold the reservation for him until he come back from work. I did that. Finally, he returned from work and tried several times to pay the reservation but Airbnb sent him this error message:

''Unfortunately, a server error prevented your request from being completed. Airbnb may be undergoing maintenance or your connection may have timed out. Please try again.''

So he tried few more times but without success.

I hope that someone can help me.

Thanks,
Oriana

Dickson0
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

Having same issues. Guests get an error message when trying to book.

Also, do any of you see 3/4 decimal places at the inquiry column in the "messages" section when a guest inquires?

How did you get the problem resolved?

Kirsten6
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

My guests needed to verify their ID before I could book them but cannot Pre Approve them or book them in.

Please help?!

Kirsten

Yes, we had this issue in the past and dealing with it again now.  As one of our requirements to book, a guest must provide their ID in order to book with us.  After this happened the first time, we told the guest.  They did it and it went through with no problem.  The guest we are working with now has been told the same but they are a newbie so this may be difficult.  I believe it will work just fine once they upload the ID.

Doingthings0
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Hi, I'm having the same issue , guest can't book . Did you ever get problem solved?

Zenka0
Level 1
Malmö, Sweden

Hi,

I am trying to book together with the host who has pre aproved but when hitting payment button, the page goes blank.

Any advice please...

Priscilla114
Level 1
San Marcos, CA

Hi I’m having the same problem where it lets me do everything up to the point of paying and then it says “error...  air bnb might be undergoing maintenance...”  does anyone know what to do?

@Priscilla114  If you are on the phone app reinstall using the newest version. If you are on a computer clear the cookies and the cache. 

Jeffrey252
Level 1
Aurora, OH

Reinstalled app logged ou etc still no sucess

I am having bad connection problems 

Sarah1754
Level 2
Albany, OR

Did you ever get this figured out. I am having this problem right now. Thanks!

Zina30
Level 1
Sandys, Bermuda

Same thing is happening to me 

Kristen263
Level 1
Ypsilanti, MI

I am having this issue. Why can't I book. Just take my money and let me sleep somewhere please!!! lol 

Coach-Fard0
Level 1
Dublin, CA

Im having this samw issue now. 

Sophie1474
Level 2
St Blazey, GB

I'm trying to reserve a stay... but when I press the button to reserve it, it just comes up as oops we cant seem to find the page you requested! Anyone know how to fix it?