Day 1: Flexibility... How to get the most from Airbnb

Colleen47
Level 10
Frisco, CO

Day 1: Flexibility... How to get the most from Airbnb

December is gearing up for the busiest time of our year.  The holidays bring people from all over the world to our nook of Colorado.  I believe the first is a great time to take a breath and prepare for the season to come.  Flexibility has been the key factor that has made Airbnb a successful enterprise for us.  Always being able to accomadate or work around a guests requests and needs has ensured a customer for years to come.  Maybe it feels like they are coming home, maybe it's because they get what they need.  I actually build in time for each rental and surprise them with an early check in, or a late check out.  Of course this is not always plausible, but why not? make people feel good.  

Flexibility also extends into who and what you allow in your home.  We have secured a niche in our community by permiting gatherings and celebrations.  We have hosted bachelor parties, Bar Mitzvah, intimate wedding receptions, team and company retreats.  Our location and infastructure permit this, but our flexibility and open mindedness have allowed our rental to thrive.  

This flexibility has in turn allowed us to travel and persue our wildest dreams.  We get to visit family in Mexico, take long weekends mountain biking or skiing, or start up our next lodge in Alaska.  We are super fortunate to have meshed so well with the Airbnb platform.  Everything we have put into hosting has paid us back in turn.  Again, the only way it has worked for us is by being flexible.  Ride the wave and discover what works for you at your location. 

*Part of the Community Center's Month of Celebration

22 Replies 22
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Really interesting to read you post here @Colleen47

Thank you also for kick starting our Month of Celebration. 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks for hosting @Lizzie This was a great idea.  

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Colleen47all the best

Nikolai12
Level 3
Westminster, CO

Love your take on hosting Colleen!

JB6
Level 4
Johnson City, TX

Great post! We've always felt flexiblity - from accomodating last minute changes, cancellations, or even moving dates because guests wanted clear nights - has been one of our cornerstones.  We'll have to keep your place in mind during one our frequent trips to Colorado!

Aesha0
Level 6
Dallas, TX

Great outlook and post!

Thank you so much for the award I am enjoying every bit of it. I’m working on improving to even make it easier for my guests!!!

@Vern12 wrote:

Thank you so much for the award I am enjoying every bit of it. I’m working on improving to even make it easier for my guests!!!