Day 14: A most special guest in my 'Special Guests Category'!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Day 14: A most special guest in my 'Special Guests Category'!

Amsterdam Palace snowglobes.png

Amsterdam Palace snowglobes

In my 3,5 years of hosting I've had the pleasure of hosting many a pleasant and quite a number of extraordinarily lovely guests in the guest room of my home. Several weeks ago that tally was topped by my very first VIP, an experience I thought would be interesting to share! 

Unbeknownst to me at the time of booking my young male traveller from Argentina turned out to be a young TV star who from his appearances in a few TV appearances and series. Apparently, he's already fairly well-known amongst the very young crowd in Argentina as well as in Spain where the Spanish language shows are also aired. His latest feat was playing the role of the deceased so-called 'Argentinian Elvis' Sandro in the upcoming Netflix series SANDRO, covering the character from the age of 17 into his 40s. The Argentinian singer Sandro at the time was a top star, so this new role should propel my guest into a new realm of fame.

Here's the trailer!

The series is planned to be aired somewhere starting in March 2018.

We had a couple of very interesting conversations in which he shared some of his insider acting experiences which was extremely interesting for me; some intrigues of more established and well-known colleagues or how he himself had to be 'beefed' up for the SANDRO role to match the original by sticking sideburns and hair matts to his chest! 

My guest gave me permission to share his name on social or other media: Agustin Sampietro Sullivan   

He was the most 'normal', charming, down to earth, and lovely person one could imagine! No entitled personality, but very sweet and appreciative despite his burgeoning fame, and who knows the power of saying thank you. Kudos to his parents who knew how to raise a good human being! Oh, and did I mention that he also left everything very clean! 

Agustin's visit towards the end of a busy guest season for me was a genuine ray of light experience - both as a human being and as being from a professional sector completely new to me.

His last big role recently got him signed up for another brand new series. However, due to the fact that an actor's follower numbers are apparently also vital for being deemed important enough by producers, I'm going to shamelessly share his Instagram account, so feel free to

follow him   😉

I hope you have all had mostly wonderful guests and continue to attract such and wish you all continuous good bookings!

Andrea 

16 Replies 16
Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Andrea9,

What an experience! 

This is something to look forward to. I enjoy watching series on Netflix as they are really good! 

I will be on the lookout for SANDRO :-). 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Great story thank you for sharing beautiful 

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

Great experience, @Andrea9 ! It's nice when VIP people are normal and decent human beings. 

And it's fun for you, you can say now "My job? Ah, you know, I work with TV stars!" 😉

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Helga0, haha, and an instant upgrade of my guest room to VIP suite!

Hope all is well in Paris!

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Andrea9, you need a signed picture to hang into the Vip Suite. With his Instagram address to do him some good too. The bed where a star slept in comes with sweet dreams (and a surcharge, but worth it)

Thinking about it, you should have the stay documented  in the guest book.

I had a few young models, not yet famous and quite a few musicians, including two opera singers. All of them great guests, but I'm careless and forget the names immediately. I'm preparing for two month in my second home in the South, guest free and boring, ah relaxing. Maybe I'll spend a day on the transaction history to google all the names of the guests, who became famous in the meantime? Maybe none of mine, but it might help against withdrawl symptoms of having no guest. 

Hosting in Paris is in a stade of suspense at the moment, as the rules change and some of them are not very clear yet. 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Good idea @Helga0!

The changing legislations are indeed stressful. Here there's a lot of discussion amongst the political fractions to try to limit apartment short term rentals more and more. The guest rooms thankfully are not under discussion.

Enjoy the quiet time in the south. Though it remains strange - nice to have more quiet time and at the same time wishing for bookings!

Karen-and-Brian0
Level 10
Bragg Creek, Canada

Wonderful @Andrea9! That is just amazing, a great experience for you. Can I have your autograph? 🙂 😉

@Karen-and-Brian0 The funny thing is, it crossed my mind to laughingly ask him for his autograph. But not only did it feel corny, it's never been important to me to get autographs. 

But it has occurred to me that next time I have guests from a Spanish-speaking country, esp. from South America I'll ask them if they're familiar with 'Argentinian Elvis', mention the series, see how they react, and if positive tell them that the Sandro actor had slept here. Though who knows... might not make them want to check out! 😮

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Andrea9 @Karen-and-Brian0....Hi compatriots!

You talk of autographs! In some ways I hate the age I am at Andrea, and in other ways I love it!

I got to meet The Beatles!

Adelaide was not on The Beatles 1964 Australian tour schedule but a local DJ got together a petition with 40,000 signatures and sent it off to Brian Epstien who was The Beatles manager at the time, and next thing....bingo....Adelaide opened their Australian tour season. In fact they got the biggest reception at the Adelaide Town Hall that they ever received anywhere in the world.... 250,000 people turned out to welcome them!

The girl I was going out with at the time entered a contest to meet The Beatles and she was one of twenty winners so as the performance drew to a close we were ushered over to a side stage door and we got to meet The Beatles in an after concert get together!

Well we actually got to meet three of the four! Ringo Starr did not make it to Adelaide and we had a stand in drummer by the name of Jimmy Nichol. The thing that struck me on meeting them Andrea, they were just regular guys like the rest of us. They were just knock about lads we could have been friends with. It sort of burst the bubble a bit, but I got to shake their hands have a few words and get their autographs which I still have here in my man cave!

I may have told you before but, there was a moment in that concert I will never forget!!

The support was a group called 'Sounds Incorporated' and when they finished their set the walked off the stage and the compare came out centre stage and just stood there with his hands behind his back....never said a word! Slowly all the noise died down and slowly all the lights went out in Centenial Hall until there was just this one spotlight that shone on the skin of the base drum! After a while you could have heard a mouse fart and the compare slowly turned and walked over to that base drum with Sounds Incorporated on it and ripped the skin off, and there was 'The Beatles' undeneath....My God, did the place erupt, this was it we were about to see The Beatles!!

There are some things about age that youth will never take away.

Cheers....Rob

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Robin4  Woohoo Rob, amazing piece of history!  😄

That is absolutely fabulous @Robin4! Lucky, lucky you! - such memories last a lifetime. 🙂 Guess I need your autograph too! 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Great experience! Great story!

Scott285
Level 2
Seneca, SC

How fun! Cool story @Andrea9!

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Andrea9 lovely story - so glad you shared it. I'm jealous and I imagine many others are too. And how cool you shared it with us so we could also enjoy your experience. Blessings and Happy Hosting, Clara B.