Day 16 - We have been walking along some beautiful beaches

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Day 16 - We have been walking along some beautiful beaches

Actually, It is stream of thoughts.

During the pandemic I have had more time to stay with my family. The lockdown is over, however I and Ana only go out when it is necessary. We are in the group of risk. The danger is still around.

beach (1).jpg

We used to go for a long walking every day on the promenade by the sea.
So I had to buy a treadmill to excercise at home.
When exercising, she set the TV to whatch Youtube videos where you can see a walking along beautiful beaches and she imagine she is walking along them. I like the idea and I am doing the same.

1b.jpg
It helps not to become too sedentary.

01.jpg

When we are vaccinated we hope to return to the daily routine and going for a walking everyday outdoor.

If we consider the absolute number of deaths registered in each country now, the United States would be at the top (283k), unfortunatelly followed by Brazil (177k).Lamentably, vaccination in Brazil is scheduled only for January.

Only recently I reopened my Airbnb calendar.
With the exception of some guests who had changed their reservation dates due to the pandemic, I only accept reservations for a minimum of 14 nights and I avoid more than one reservation a month per listing.
I have been blocking 4 or 5 nights between each checkout and new checkin. Sometimes I have a big gap and I do not care.
This reduces the risk for me and the guests.

Since I reopened the calendar (about 2 months ago), I have had guests who came from other cities of Brazil, Argentina, US, France and Norway. Some are nomadic workers, others are just visiting the city.
Some of the guests are due to arrive soon. From Russia and a couple from the north of Brazil.
What I have notice is, people are craving to travell, including me! When everyone are vaccinated I think there will be a  the travel industry boom.

Since the begining of the pandemic I have had considerable free time. Using this time I have created some videos about the history of Rio de Janeiro City and some other cities in Brasil based on its iconography to add to my you_tube channel. It is a hobby.

Before finishing this topic, some pics of the after/before of my most recent listing, which I own in partnership with my brother who is  also my business partner.

listing-pic1.JPG

The pics it was taken by me and the renovation it was completed in march of 2019.

listing-pic2.JPG

I wish you Merry Christmass ( to someones it maybe happy universal holidays) and a Happy New Year! Stay safe!

J. Renato (Jose Renato)

26 Replies 26
Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@J-Renato0  What a creative solution! Maybe some headphones with beach sounds, too?

Your renovation looks lovely! Cheers to a fantastic 2021 where actual walks on the beach are possible!

Thanks  @Suzanne302 

Have a happy new year!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

From North Head overlooking KayakingFrom North Head overlooking Kayaking

Cheltenham Beach, North Shore AucklandCheltenham Beach, North Shore Auckland

Cheltenham Beach, AucklandCheltenham Beach, Auckland

@J-Renato0  Good on you for keeping on exercising, it's vital for one's health and well being regardless of age.

We saw many a person of all ages out walking on the beaches which New Zealand is fortunate to be surrounded within reasonable distances of regardless of which level we were told we were on as it was still the peak of summer in New Zealand.

I particularly enjoyed the moment. and it is one of my favourites, when we saw the elderly gentleman walking along carrying his walking stick Cheltenham Beach on the North Shore of Auckland.

I say 'Good on him' as he's likely to have lived through many a challenging and changing times in his lifetime.

I'm picking he may have thought,"What the heck has the world come to?"

I hope one day that he crosses my path so I can give him a copy of this image as life is about enjoying.

Meanwhile, I hope these images brighten your day where ever you are and whatever the weather and what is going on in the world.

@Suzanne302 @Robin4 @Heather133 @Laura2484 @Nick5 @Lizzie @Liv @Anna and @everyone-else

Would Admin please rotate the photos so they are the correct view? Thanks

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Helen427 

What a lovely post and lovely pictures! Thanks.

@J-Renato0 thank you for your post. You are so right to have kept moving! One of the many challenges of this year has been the amount of sitting we have all been doing. I bought myself a treadmill desk and am able to take meetings while walking (as long as i dont have to present anything!). sometimes i do 4-5 miles a day! I love the colour of your renovated bedroom. so cheerful. I can't wait to come to Brazil, I have never been. And i hope we have a chance to meet when i do! Merry Christmas to you too! warmly, Catherine 

@Catherine-Powell 

Treadmill desk, what a good idea! Now it is in my plans to buy one  🙂
It will be a pleasure to meet you when you are in Brazil. It would a pleasure to host you as well.

also... @J-Renato0 have you thought of doing an online experience on the history of Rio de Janeiro?

@Catherine-Powell 

Thanks for the suggestion. It sounds a good idea. 🙂  I'm going to read about it and see what the process is like.

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @J-Renato0 

Thank you so much for this interesting topic 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @J-Renato0  

Happy Christmas