Hello fellow hosts
On this month of celebration, I would like to remind myself why I think Airbnb is really the right platform for me.
I have been hosting for over 3 years, and I am a home sharer - I rent out my spare room. From the odd "1 nighter", to the repeat guest, to long erm Guest - I believe my longest was 4 months (A lovely german student in London for a work experience, that ended up referring me to other students from her university).
Things I learned:
- To be patient
- That I love London and enjoy sharing the city with the guests
- That Airbnb offers me the flexibility to "have a break" - both to be by myself, as to have the room for friends and family
- That I love learning about other people's traditions, food habits, and cultures (but still can not stand kimchi, sorry people from Korea) :-)
What did you learn since becoming a host?
Airbnb is different things to all of us Roberta but, we all gain strength from each other.
Your post tells us that Airbnb has made a better person out of you and that is wonderful.
I hope your hosting career is long and successful!
All the best possum!
Hi @Roberta2 , I agree, it’s important for us to reflect every now and then and see, what did we learn from hosting as well as travelling.
- sharing food, fun times, space
- taking time for pleasant conversations
- help someone out
- be kind
- learn from others