Day 25 - Merry Christmas to everyone in the Airbnb Community

Linda3273
Level 10
Sooke, Canada

Day 25 - Merry Christmas to everyone in the Airbnb Community

Screenshot 2021-12-25 at 11.14.26.png

At this time of year, I am so very grateful for all the blessings that have come my way. With healthy ageing parents 92 and 90 still living in their own home, I am so grateful that they will be joining us for Christmas lunch. Our children will not be joining us as they are dining with their respective families, but they are healthy, and we are all looking forward to being together again soon. John is a Rotarian, and Rotarians are our extended family who is always available to lend a hand. We are so fortunate to have friendships that bind us together and enrich our lives on so many levels. Where we live in Sooke, the Rotarians are in charge of the ‘Salvation Army Kettle’, which collects money that goes back into our community to support the Food Bank and the Shelters. The Rotarians also run a ‘Sock Drive’ for the homeless at this time of year, as they have told us that clean, dry socks were important to them.

2021 has been a year of firsts for our family. We had two new grandbabies born this year, Annabelle and Xavier. Our puppy ‘Maverick,’ an Australian-Labradoodle finally arrived in September after years of waiting for him. After spending 2019 designing our very exciting ‘Forever Home, ’ John and I eventually moved into our home in April 2021, and oh what a ride it has been. Especially trying to build a new home during a global pandemic. We had delays on everything, so patience was necessary just to see the project through. But hey, we all love a challenge, and you learn to ‘pivot’ pretty quick.

When designing our ‘Forever Home,’ we included a private guest suite for our family and friends at the other end of our home. With four children between us, and six grandchildren, we wanted them to have their own private space. We never imagined in a million years that in 2021 it would turn into an Airbnb. But oh, what a blessing it has been. As I am new to the world of hospitality, this community has been a wealth of information and support, and for that, I am forever grateful.

Breaking bread and sharing a meal has always been special to me, and this year, we have seven elder seniors joining our table. Seniors are full of amazing stories, and if you ask them, they will share some fascinating events in their lives. Let’s face it; since they were born, a lot has happened in the tech world alone.

So as another lockdown has been implemented in our province of British Columbia, Canada, we move forward into the New Year of 2022 with hope and optimism that we are near the end with COVID. We want to be safe, and we all want to get back to living our lives like we did back in 2019.

I want COVID to be something that I share with my grandchildren and let them know that those days were difficult. But by working together collectively with experts from all over the world, we can make a difference and terminate this virus.

May your Christmas Holiday be filled with much joy, love and laughter. I hope that 2022 brings you peace and harmony in a world where we all support one another just like a family on this journey called life.

Big Hugs & Love,
Linda

Screenshot 2021-12-25 at 11.14.16.png

Linda
8 Replies 8
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Merry Christmas, Linda - all the best to you and your family! 

Merry Christmas @Nick  to you and your family and Thank you again for taking care of my post.

I hope that 2022 will be a year full of possibilities and new experiences.

Ciao,

Linda

Linda

Merry Christmas, @Linda3273 ! 
🎄. Wishing you and fam all the joys the season brings! One Love.

Flavia202
Level 10
Kingston, Jamaica

To you and yours, too @Nick 🎄

Merry Christmas @Flavia202 and may your holiday season be full of much Joy, Love and Laughter. Wishing you good health and happiness into the New Year. 🥂

Linda
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Season's Greetings  @Linda3273 to you are your very extended family and friends.

What a fabulous idea to give 'socks', they keep one's feet warm and help prevent viruses.

Maybe we need the era of giving a pair of socks and a handkerchief back in our world as there was always a very good reason people gave and received them in the past.

It's the little things in life that mean a lot.

Looking forward to hearing your stories about Maverick and his adventures..

All the best from a Sunny Summer's New Zealand Boxing Day - it's almost 2pm here on Sunday the 26th..

Linda3273
Level 10
Sooke, Canada

Thank you @Helen427 and yes socks are a simple and cost-effective gift that goes a long way. Just the act of giving is really what the season is all about, so have a glorious holiday season in your magical paradise. All the best in 2022 and may this New Year be filled with new possibilities. 🥂

Linda
Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Linda3273 our granddaughters school always give socks  and beanies for their winter homeless charity.

I am sure you heard great stories from your guests while breaking the bread and sharing your meal. May the year 2022 be a happy year with family gatherings.