Day 27 - Breakfast as sharing our cultural tradition with guests

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Day 27 - Breakfast as sharing our cultural tradition with guests

Salute for everone,

As many hosts, i choose to create listings with breakfast. So i prepare for my guests our traditional breakfast, which at first i had just the idea that by it i want to share a part from our culture with guests but i did not know, how to make it, breakfast, at which time and where we could have it. Sharing culture, was a wish and a willing, which become a good reality shared with my guests.

Breakfast, as every one know, is the starting meal a day, which differs from place to place, also from time to time, according cultures, countries...and so on. In Morocco, we have our traditional breakfast that is, from its compositions, diffirent from other ones in other countries. So to explaine to you more, moroccan breakfast vary a little bit according the cities, families…and so on and i like to introduce to you the things that make up my moroccan guest breakfast, which i like it to includ some breakfast components of other cities or vilages in Morocco, except Rabat. So it contains :

Tea and cofee as drinks

Home bread, Rghayef or malwi, baghrir and harsha ( from time to time) as bread

Olive, boiled eggs, cheese, butter, jam and from time to time i add raisins, dates and dry fig

At my hosting first days, i had not knew how to prepare breakfast, but my sister learnt me. As i rememeber, especially for my first two guests, the things was without prior planning. So i got up and started preparing breakfast, just thing from her and another from there, and i was in trouble because i wanted to make it and i did not know how. So when my sister found me like that she helped me and she made all things, for my first tow guests and i just put them on the table. From that time i started learning. From the third reservation, to now, i make, myself, breakfast for my guests and hosts in Community Center helped me to resolve the breakfast time problem

By the Community Centre hosts assistentce, i fixed the problem of breakfast time. It was my first particitpation in CC with this subject, which is titled ‘ Breakfast time‘ :

‘As you know, every guest has the time when wants to stand up at the mornning, or have to stand up cause she/he has some plans or works. So, at night and with new guest, how can one tell to the guest nicely at which time you want to have the breakfast ? Cause one does not want his guests to feel stressed but only wants to know a time for preparing breakfast’. And i found help, in this topic and other, from Sarah977, Helen3 and Make340,which i thank them a lot from her .So the resolve of problem was to decide with my guests the breakfast time at night before sleeping, in the specific place at home.

In Morocco, we usually eat breakfast in setting room. which is a room that morocain people often use it as a setting room during day and bedroom at night. For me, i want that all things go traditionally, not just in breakfast but also the place where we could eat it. I found the room, which is amoung the most rooms in our house that has traditional style in painting, furnitures.....and so on. So at night i decide with my guests the time and place, where we can set to have breakfast

I share breakfast as i know that many things could be shared in all over the world. Many thanks for airbnb that make me and many other hosts share with other worl people positive and cultural interaction. 

For everyone, Merry Christmas And Happy New Year 2020 

Thanks, 

Miloud

50 Replies 50
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Thank you @Miloud0 for sharing

It's great that @Sarah977 @Helen3 @Mike340 have helped you when you started hosting.

Breakfast is a very important meal of the day.

Do you serve breakfast outside if it's summer and sunny?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Your breakfasts sounds lovely @Miloud0  do post a photo when you have a moment. I remember when I stayed in a Riad in Fez how amazing it was having a lovely Moroccan breakfast to start the day.

I am so glad I was amongst the hosts that could help you, when you first started hosting.

The very best of seasons greetings to you and your family.

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Miloud0, the breakfast sounds great and now I'm hungry ha! Thank you for such a nice topic and seasons greetings to you!

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing your lovely topic @Miloud0! I second John here as I'm starting to get very hungry :-). 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Miloud0  Thanks so much for sharing your country’s breakfast traditions!  I always love hearing the different traditions from all of the corners of the world.  It’s what makes life so colorful and rich.  Your guests are lucky to have you as a host!

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

Wow @Miloud0 , thanks for sharing your post . Your guests must feel so spoilt to have a specially prepared breakfast. Authentic cuisine ! 

Happy hosting 2020

☀️Laura 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Miloud0  Thanks for your lovely post and I'm glad I was able to give you helpful advice when you were first starting out.

I would love to have one of your Moroccan breakfasts- I'm in the wrong country for food- I'm not very fond of Mexican food, but I love Middle Eastern, Indian, and North African food. I use zatar spice quite often when I cook at home. Is that used in Morocco?

What I really like is the vision of you sitting around sharing breakfast with your guests. This is the kind of thing that makes home-sharing such a unique and memorable experience. I feel sorry for the hosts who get home-share guests who only come out of their rooms to scurry to the bathroom or get a drink of water and aren't friendly with the host at all. It's wonderful to have a opportunity to share cultural traditions and it enriches the lives of both guests and hosts.

It's also commendable that you wanted to provide a hosting experience to your guests that entailed something you didn't know how to do and were inspired to learn. 

Giuliana142
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Miloud0 Bravo Miloud! It seems that you put a lot of thought, care and passion in catering to your guests. How nice of you. I think that is the true spirit of sharing our homes with others. We sit down and socialize. I wish you will have many nice hosts in the future. Happy new year 2020!

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Oh thank you @Miloud0 for your lovely post.

Breakfast needs are so varied, depending on who we are, where we are, and what we need. Thank you also, for taking the time to offer “the lot” with care and love. 

To breakfast or not..

Make your choice it is that simple - but once chosen, the day begins... even if not your lot! 

Lots or little, simple or complex - across the globe, the choice may leave you vexed.
Travellers with somewhere to be, may grab a cup of tea or coffee, as they go rushing by.. maybe side glancing to say hi! 

But the opportunity to mix the intake of food with a chat
..... is an age old hospitable fact.

A quick bite feeds the stomach and meets its needs. As well as ticks the box to keep you off your knees....

But to linger and chat is far more hearty: for it can feed the heart and the soul.
A better way from ages old.

Let humans meet and eat and dine, and share the bread of life devine.
So we fall on our knees with thanks not faint. 
For enjoying breakfast with “the lot” is more than quaint!”

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Inna22  can you equal or better @Cathie19  contribution of poetry in motion???

Love it @Cathie19 

Thanks @Helen427 . Whether good or bad, you can tell I’m on leave, as I have some time to think beyond the lists! Lol...

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

lol  @Cathie19 just visualizing you sitting on a banana leaf in your delightful garden with your fairy magic 🙂

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute, 

Thanks @Helen427, for your message. Yes they helped me when i first time started the community. 

The breakfast is just at home 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute, 

@Helen3 Thanks for your message. I am also happy that you helped me before, many thanks for that. yes i could add photos, With pleasure 

WP_20180911_004 (2).jpgWP_20180911_005-1.jpg 

There are other two photos and as soon as it is possible i am going to upload them. 

Merry Christmas. 

Thanks, 

Miloud