Day 27 - Breakfast as sharing our cultural tradition with guests

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Day 27 - Breakfast as sharing our cultural tradition with guests

Salute for everone,

As many hosts, i choose to create listings with breakfast. So i prepare for my guests our traditional breakfast, which at first i had just the idea that by it i want to share a part from our culture with guests but i did not know, how to make it, breakfast, at which time and where we could have it. Sharing culture, was a wish and a willing, which become a good reality shared with my guests.

Breakfast, as every one know, is the starting meal a day, which differs from place to place, also from time to time, according cultures, countries...and so on. In Morocco, we have our traditional breakfast that is, from its compositions, diffirent from other ones in other countries. So to explaine to you more, moroccan breakfast vary a little bit according the cities, families…and so on and i like to introduce to you the things that make up my moroccan guest breakfast, which i like it to includ some breakfast components of other cities or vilages in Morocco, except Rabat. So it contains :

Tea and cofee as drinks

Home bread, Rghayef or malwi, baghrir and harsha ( from time to time) as bread

Olive, boiled eggs, cheese, butter, jam and from time to time i add raisins, dates and dry fig

At my hosting first days, i had not knew how to prepare breakfast, but my sister learnt me. As i rememeber, especially for my first two guests, the things was without prior planning. So i got up and started preparing breakfast, just thing from her and another from there, and i was in trouble because i wanted to make it and i did not know how. So when my sister found me like that she helped me and she made all things, for my first tow guests and i just put them on the table. From that time i started learning. From the third reservation, to now, i make, myself, breakfast for my guests and hosts in Community Center helped me to resolve the breakfast time problem

By the Community Centre hosts assistentce, i fixed the problem of breakfast time. It was my first particitpation in CC with this subject, which is titled ‘ Breakfast time‘ :

‘As you know, every guest has the time when wants to stand up at the mornning, or have to stand up cause she/he has some plans or works. So, at night and with new guest, how can one tell to the guest nicely at which time you want to have the breakfast ? Cause one does not want his guests to feel stressed but only wants to know a time for preparing breakfast’. And i found help, in this topic and other, from Sarah977, Helen3 and Make340,which i thank them a lot from her .So the resolve of problem was to decide with my guests the breakfast time at night before sleeping, in the specific place at home.

In Morocco, we usually eat breakfast in setting room. which is a room that morocain people often use it as a setting room during day and bedroom at night. For me, i want that all things go traditionally, not just in breakfast but also the place where we could eat it. I found the room, which is amoung the most rooms in our house that has traditional style in painting, furnitures.....and so on. So at night i decide with my guests the time and place, where we can set to have breakfast

I share breakfast as i know that many things could be shared in all over the world. Many thanks for airbnb that make me and many other hosts share with other worl people positive and cultural interaction. 

For everyone, Merry Christmas And Happy New Year 2020 

Thanks, 

Miloud

50 Replies 50
Ateafac0
Level 1
Yaounde, CM

Hello Miloud, nice to meet you guys

Audrey-Marie0
Level 2
Ballyhillin, Ireland

I'm having a super time here reading your story Miloud and remembering my trip to Marrakesh and the delicious breakfasts my friend and I had on our riad rooftop terrace in the mornings in the sun. Wonderful memories. Your breakfast spread looks amazing. Shoukran for posting photos. Best wishes from Ireland. Audrey   

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salut @Bev34

I thank you for the message

Thanks,
Miloud

Sorry for my late reply

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salut @Ateafac0

Thank you for the message

Thanks,
Miloud

Sorry for my late reply  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salut,

Thank you @Audrey-Marie0 for the message

Shokran,
Miloud

Sorry for my late reply

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

Good afternoon @Miloud0 , how is life these days in Morocco?

Are you back open and having chats over breakfast again with guests?