Day 28 - Thank you, Airbnb

Annabelle1
Level 5
QC, Philippines

Day 28 - Thank you, Airbnb

Annabelle1_2-1640769749963.jpeg

Hey, everyone! 

Its great to be here on Airbnb Community. And I am new to the Month of celebration.Thank you Airbnb. 

Reading all of your stories is overwhelming. My journey with Airbnb taught me a lot of things, how to make a living, how to manage my own business, and how to manage my own property. It can be challenging yet rewarding meeting different people with different cultures. I am proud and say that I am really having a great time as a superhost.I will continue hosting as long as given the opportunity. 

Annabelle1_0-1640769749962.jpeg

My son is wearing a shirt from the Airbnb Singapore team, when Airbnb meets Manila on March 12th-13th 2016. 

Annabelle1_1-1640769749963.jpeg

Christmas is the best time of the year. But with the hard times still continuing we really don't want to be over spending instead giving it back, helping others, soul searching and meditating. 

My main topic here is do you still celebrate the festive season? Even if some of the places suffered from disaster? The reason I asked is that before Christmas the islands of Bohol, Cebu, Leyte, Siargao, Surigao and many other places in Visayas where I live nearby were affected by the calamity. Our best island in the Philippines was hit hard by the Typhoon Odette (Rai) International name. No Electricity, No Water, Houses and Businesses destroyed by the Typhoon. 

So on Christmas day I prepared our Lunch and set up the table nicely with all the decorations which I am used to doing with my Airbnb guests . But my family scolded me for being insensitive that thousands of people had no food, no house and I have decided to have a simple Christmas Dinner instead. I cooked two kinds of dishes. She warned me not to take any pictures of us nor the food because our relatives who suffered from the calamity might see it on our social media. But I still insist on taking photos, just me and my niece. For Me, I want to keep a record and taking pictures is one way of looking back at good memories. Our town was safe though from the Typhoon, we were not affected by the calamity. 

Pictures sent by my best friend, because for some unavoidable circumstances I did not make it to cross the island before Typhoon Odette. 

Annabelle1_2-1640769749963.jpeg

Annabelle1_3-1640769749964.jpeg

Annabelle1_4-1640769749964.jpeg

Annabelle1_5-1640769749965.jpeg

The beautiful view of popular surfing in the Philippines Siargao before Typhoon Odette.I believe that we can rebuild this island and will be stronger and resistant to typhoons. 

For now, moving forward! 

Lets celebrate. 

Annabelle1_6-1640769749965.jpeg

Few more days of sleep and 2022 is here.We will all be saying Goodbye to 2021 and welcome 2022.I am excited and can't wait to be within 2022. 

Deep from my heart I wish you all the best New Year 2022.

Best wishes 

Anabelle

9 Replies 9
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Lovely, thank you for sharing @Annabelle1 and all the best to you and your family for the new year 😃

(I moved the topic as a new one here and deleted the reply to the previous message - just a heads up)

Thank you @Nick and @Quincy all the best for the coming 2022 and throughout the year. Cheers!

Annabelle

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for sharing this! Happy New Year in advance @Annabelle1

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Annabelle1 my brotherinlaw and sisterinlaw (New Zealanders) assist and volunteer for 3-6 months a year with Ruel Foundation at Eastern Samar.It is a childrens home sponsered by a  charitable trust fom New Zealand. Where they bring medical help surgery, education and assist families to care for them in remote villages. My sisterinlaw said they have been affected by two cyclones in the past fortnight but they have undertaken to give the children the best Christmas that they can under the circumstances of the unforseen weather conditions that they have experienced along with Covid restrictions and lockdowns. 

So your photos bring out the bright side of the islands. Did you have any Airbnb guest or was it just family?  May your new year 2022 bring you sunshine and happiness to you and your family. 

Hi @Laurelle3 really nice to know people like you and your family helping my countrymen. I have several families affected by the Tropical Typhoon  Odette in Camiguin island, Bohol, Cebu and several very good  friends in Siargao Island but they are all safe and alive is just their houses was damaged by the calamity. Luckily we dont have Airbnb guest affected. Likewise, I wish you all the best and your family for the upcoming New Year.

Take care

Annabelle 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Annabelle1 Thanks for sharing it ! 

Happy new year !

Hi J-Renato,

May the New Year 2022 bring you more happiness, success, love and blessings! 

Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Annabelle1  I think you were right to celebrate, we can 't keep ourselves prisoners of our grief or the grief of our families/friends/etc.  There has been so much negativity and pessimism these last two years, it feels time to let some joy in.  Happy New Year to you!

Hi @Mark116 Thank you. Likewise, May the New Year 2022 bring you, us more happiness, success, love and blessings.

Cheers

Annabelle