Day 4 - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Kim1091
Level 3
De Graff, OH

Day 4 - The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

Credit Produzioni Europee Associate United ArtistsCredit Produzioni Europee Associate United Artists

Each hosting experience has changed my family in some manner. There are experiences that have been good, some that have been bad and some that have been downright ugly. We all have been there. The good experiences have left me feeling blessed and grateful and always praying for more. These guests return from time-to-time. This is extra special to my family as it says so much. It lets us know that we must be doing something right and that what we are doing is worth it. Don’t give up, don’t give up!

The bad and ugly are different breeds, as you all are aware. Each of these experiences have taught us a lesson or two. It may have been anything from not being so naive or adding something to the home to increase safety. There was always something we could learn from the situation. There have been holes in the wall, broken pool gates, trash throughout the house, candle wax on comforters, and so on. The stories told by the housekeeper could go on all night. I might lose my mind before it’s over!

Nick_1-1638611112041.jpeg

The good, bad or ugly will always be there. We have learned to deal with what has already happened and move on. We may not know how to deal with the things that are to come but we will always pick up the pieces and do it over again. Merry Christmas y’all! 

Nick_2-1638611112039.jpeg

7 Replies 7
Nick
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great perspective @Kim1091, thank you so much for sharing and... happy birthday! 

Loni56
Level 10
Santa Catarina, Brazil

@Kim1091  bom dia este e o prosseguir

fé amor perseverança

não desistir sempre vamos enfrentar obstáculos!

Natal. e novo ano cheio de alegria

grande abraço Loni Brasil

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Kim1091 

Kim, I can honestly say in my 500+ guests there is only three I would not want to see walk up my driveway again. I don't look for problems and I don't get them. I have had so many beautiful experiences here that I do feel somewhat blessed.

My feeling is you are going to achieve what your expectation says you are going to achieve. Be positive,  be that great host that I am sure you are and lovely experiences will just happen.

Cheers.........Rob

Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

@Robin4 but when, as a Host, you make a booboo its good to bemoan it in company!!

So tell us, what happened....!!?? 

Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Kim1091  I love your addition of The Nutty Professor, as we all work to achieve the magic formula for every guest!  

Laurelle3
Level 10
Huskisson, Australia

@Kim1091 I love the title of your topic and how you describe each section with memories from each. With the positives overiding the negatives. 

Linda3273
Level 10
Sooke, Canada

Merry Christmas @Kim1091 and you are right-on with all your stories of trial and defeat as a host. We all have our horror stories of guests that steal your stuff after you went to all the effort of making their stay so comfy and special. But the kind words of appreciation in our guest book make my heart beat faster after a guest notices all the little things that I did to ensure that their time with us was magical. Keep sharing the love and the very best of the holidays to you and your family. 😎

Linda