Day 6 - Welcome to my listing

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Day 6 - Welcome to my listing

It’s Day 6 of the Month of Celebration, and I thought it was about time I welcomed everyone to my new listing.

It's freshly constructed and recently decorated, I had a lot of fun with it and I hope you’ll all like it too 😁  

Rustic, Tiny House/Cottage in Snowy Woods

IMG_5930.jpg

IMG_5936.JPG

IMG_5947.JPG

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_5949.JPG

IMG_5950.JPG

Entire home hosted by Katie

4 guests - 1 bedroom - 2 beds - 1 bathroom

Entire Home

You’ll have the whole place to yourself!

Enhanced Clean

Gingerbread is very easily bleached so no germs here.

Self Check-in

Contactless check-in as you only need to speak to the resident bear to get the key (no human contact required).

Cancellation Policy

Add your trip dates to get the cancellation details for this stay (despite its charm, this place is not in high demand, so I'm pretty flexible at the moment).

House Rules

This host is happy to welcome well-behaved children (Hansel & Gretel loved it), but no smoking (the house is highly flammable) and no pets (they tend to nibble on the furniture if left to their own devices). 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Private, rustic cottage retreat in the middle of the woods, perfect for anyone looking for a getaway.
  • Despite being in a secluded spot, the local amenities are surprisingly accessible (I can particularly recommend the local corner shop - it has everything you may need in case of an overnight lockdown. Luckily there’s no chance of starvation here as the cottage itself can feed a family of four for 4-6 weeks). 
  • Wonderful wooden deck at the side of the house, perfect for sitting on to enjoy a coffee and breathe in the fresh, gingerbread-scented air. 
  • Very artistically landscaped flower beds (the bears help out with a bit of gardening to keep it looking manicured).
  • Lovely stained-glass windows which cast a purple glow over the whole house when the sun shines.
  • Inside, the cottage is compact, open-plan and sparsely furnished - I spent a lot of time on the outside of the house in order to attract people in, so I’m still working on the furnishings inside. Please do let me know if you have any suggestions.

Guest Access:

Guests will have access to the entire home for their stay, and only need share with the local bears, who luckily are very friendly. You can also take a walk in the nearby forest (see pictures) - and there are fairy lights to guide you along the path to the house should you arrive after dark (they also add to the festive feel of the cottage). 

Things to note:

The roof can be a bit leaky at times - I built the house myself so I can vouch for it being very well constructed, but sadly this is one of the consequences of creating a great architectural marvel. Luckily I live and work right next door, so can be on-hand to help out if you have any issues!

45 Replies 45
Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Katie how totally adorable.....I loved the whole post......your idea, your words and all the description - how truly clever. You are amazing.

Thanks for this complete sweetness.

big hugs, Clara

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw I'm glad you liked it @Clara116, I had a lot of fun baking and writing it 💜  And you're very punny there as it's certainly 'sweet' in the sugary sense (yes, I've already started eating it...) 😋  

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

Salut @Katie ,

Lovely Cottage 🍓🫐🍒 

We would love to reserved on Dec 23. to 26 ,🧑🏻‍🎄 🤶🏻🧑🏻‍🎄🤶🏻
Please accept our booking request 🤣☃️🤣🎄🤣

Best, 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Why thank you @Dale711! I'd be happy to accept your request - it's the perfect place for a Christmas getaway 🏡 🎅

One thing to note is that it might need some reconstruction work before then as the roof decorations have already disappeared - I blame the bears... 😏  😂 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hello @Katie. May I say I’ve just looked at your listing and note that you have instant book and I have no reviews, so have been unable to directly book.

I have just uploaded a recent profile image of myself and my spouse. We are a quiet but friendly couple who are non smokers. We love to travel and your neck of the woods, with the bears, sounds perfect for our getaway long weekend.

We promise to follow ALL your house rules, which I have read and accept. 

If you have any questions, then please ask as I’ll be happy to allay any concerns.

So, as we have been communicating comfortably, might you consider letting a newbie to AIrbnb stay at your adorable and aromatic cottage? Please, pretty please.... with gingered sugar on top! 

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

😂  😍  👏

@Cathie19 I have had a look at your photo and you do look like lovely people, and I'm very happy to hear that you have read my house rules. Seeing as you've sent me some pleasant and polite messages, and it seems like we have the same 'vibe', I'd be happy to accept your request 😊 

@Katie : YAY!!!
Oh, but we will need to wait till us ordinary Australians are allowed to leave the country to get there.... 🌻

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

I think to be honest it might be in ruins by then @Cathie19 as I expect myself and the bears will get peckish 😂 

We can reconstruct it with a bit of notice though so never fear, you're welcome anytime 🏡

@Katie, I’d be more sceptical and worried about any guest called Goldilocks!

@Katie 

I love it Katie, it is absolutely amazing place. 🎄🌲😍🥂🍷

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Anastasia296, you're welcome any time! Have you ever made a gingerbread house? 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Ein Lebkuchenhaus! - How utterly  adorable! I LOVE it!🎄 😊 🏡 🎄

@Katie 

J-Renato0
Level 10
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

@Katie  

Very cool!

Jason1470
Level 10
Port Hedland, Australia

Hi @Katie ,

How tempting is this offer! Makes me want to drop everything and get there right away, bears or not!!

Just one question that begs to be answered - Do I get to eat my cake and keep it too? 😀

Merry Christmas and a prosperous 2021.

Best wishes,

Jason Rebello