Day 6 - Welcome to my listing

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Day 6 - Welcome to my listing

It’s Day 6 of the Month of Celebration, and I thought it was about time I welcomed everyone to my new listing.

It's freshly constructed and recently decorated, I had a lot of fun with it and I hope you’ll all like it too 😁  

Rustic, Tiny House/Cottage in Snowy Woods

IMG_5930.jpg

IMG_5936.JPG

IMG_5947.JPG

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_5949.JPG

IMG_5950.JPG

Entire home hosted by Katie

4 guests - 1 bedroom - 2 beds - 1 bathroom

Entire Home

You’ll have the whole place to yourself!

Enhanced Clean

Gingerbread is very easily bleached so no germs here.

Self Check-in

Contactless check-in as you only need to speak to the resident bear to get the key (no human contact required).

Cancellation Policy

Add your trip dates to get the cancellation details for this stay (despite its charm, this place is not in high demand, so I'm pretty flexible at the moment).

House Rules

This host is happy to welcome well-behaved children (Hansel & Gretel loved it), but no smoking (the house is highly flammable) and no pets (they tend to nibble on the furniture if left to their own devices). 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Private, rustic cottage retreat in the middle of the woods, perfect for anyone looking for a getaway.
  • Despite being in a secluded spot, the local amenities are surprisingly accessible (I can particularly recommend the local corner shop - it has everything you may need in case of an overnight lockdown. Luckily there’s no chance of starvation here as the cottage itself can feed a family of four for 4-6 weeks). 
  • Wonderful wooden deck at the side of the house, perfect for sitting on to enjoy a coffee and breathe in the fresh, gingerbread-scented air. 
  • Very artistically landscaped flower beds (the bears help out with a bit of gardening to keep it looking manicured).
  • Lovely stained-glass windows which cast a purple glow over the whole house when the sun shines.
  • Inside, the cottage is compact, open-plan and sparsely furnished - I spent a lot of time on the outside of the house in order to attract people in, so I’m still working on the furnishings inside. Please do let me know if you have any suggestions.

Guest Access:

Guests will have access to the entire home for their stay, and only need share with the local bears, who luckily are very friendly. You can also take a walk in the nearby forest (see pictures) - and there are fairy lights to guide you along the path to the house should you arrive after dark (they also add to the festive feel of the cottage). 

Things to note:

The roof can be a bit leaky at times - I built the house myself so I can vouch for it being very well constructed, but sadly this is one of the consequences of creating a great architectural marvel. Luckily I live and work right next door, so can be on-hand to help out if you have any issues!

45 Replies 45
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Katie 

Please do not forget to add a security deposit to the listing, in case guests consume the accommodation, including the co-host (bear) ...

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great advice @Emiel1, thank you - I'll get to doing that 👍  😁

Unfortunately, what with the leaky ceiling, and seeing as the sweet scent of gingerbread has been known to draw people from miles around, my insurance premium is through the roof already... 

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

RESERVATION INQUIRY

Ho ho ho @Katie ,

Your place looks perfect for our overnight stay, we shall arrive quite late due to our travel schedule.

Do you have a secure designated parking spot or would I need to look for off street parking?

My travel companions prefer the freshness of the outdoors and will not require a room.

We will be happy to arrange a key collection with Mr Bear, however please leave instructions with him my travel group maybe a little ‘sleigh - lagged’ and appear a little jittery.

Kind regards

Santa 🎅🏽& the Team 🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌

p.s Will there be any 24hour stores nearby , I am in short supply of carrots 🥕 

Laura2484
Level 10
Ohope, New Zealand

Thanks @Katie 

For sharing your light hearted humour . I can almost taste ‘ the ginger aroma ‘ 🤣

Festive wishes to you all 🎄🇳🇿

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hahaha on the contrary @Laura2484, thank YOU for playing along with it - it's been so much fun and I hope everyone has enjoyed it as much as I have  😂  🎅

I hope the festive season is treating you well, and can't wait to read your post later in the month 😊

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

@Katie , I just tried booking it and it seems to be unavailable!  Good going, funny stuff!   Stay well, JR

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha what can I say, I'm booked up through to the new year @Melodie-And-John0 📆

Good to hear from you and glad you enjoyed reading 😄

Trudie7
Level 6
Sydney, Australia

@Katie Super creative! My two sons would absolutely love to stay here 😉

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Trudie7, they're welcome any time! 😊  🏡

@Katie Clever you! An architect, builder, interior decorator, exterior decorator, writer, cook and host - all at once. i cant wait to come and stay with you. Do you do picnics in the woods as an Experience?!

How lucky we are to have you. thank you for looking after our community during such a difficult year! Warmly, Catherine

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Haha aww thank you @Catherine-Powell 😊 

Why yes, I need to work on a picnic in the woods experience - I'm sure the bears will be keen, and if we run out of food then we can always eat the decor! 

Miloud0
Level 10
Rabat, Morocco

Salute @Katie 

Thank you for your nice idea and post. Thank you for the beautiful house and welcoming, you are welcome too 

Thanks, 

Miloud

Katie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Miloud0 - you're welcome any time you need a sugary-sweet getaway! 😊

Salute, 

Thank you so much @Katie  

Thanks, 

Miloud

Katja202
Level 10
Ruinen, Netherlands

@Katie  Oh how i laughed. Tears down my cheeks! This post is so briljant it takes your fantasy on a journey ....

Groetjes Katja