Marianne318
Level 10
Savièse, Switzerland

Day 8 - On the lantern path

Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 10.19.13.png

Hi everyone,

Here is an enchanting activity 25 minutes from our Airbnb that our guests love:

The Lantern Trail

Immersed in nature and guided by the flickering glow of the lanterns, discover the light works of renowned artists. Every winter, the lantern path offers you more and more magic thanks to new installations. In the middle, nestled in the heart of the forest, the little ones will be able to share their wishes with the Bella Lui Star, by dropping them into the dream box. An enchanting experience that is a must, especially at nightfall. Finally, don't forget to go in search of the "Bella Lui" star through a thrilling treasure hunt, full of clues and riddles that will lead you to the light…

Marianne318_0-1638527086988.jpeg

Marianne318_1-1638527087379.jpeg

Marianne318_2-1638527087108.jpeg

It's open from December 3rd 2021 to the end of February 2022, from 5pm to 10pm.

What could be better than enjoying a hot or cold drink afterwards, and relaxing in the outdoor Jacuzzi of the apartment we offer with a view of the Alps.

Marianne318_3-1638527087092.png

Are there any festive activities like in your area?

Thank you and happy holidays 🌲🏮

Marianne

9 Replies 9
Mary996
Level 10
Swansea, United Kingdom

How magical @Marianne318

Thanks so much. I lived near Geneva many years ago. I love your country xx

@Mary996 

Bonjour Mary,

Merci pour votre message.

Revenez nous voir en Suisse :-).

Toutes belles fêtes de fin d'année.

Marianne Héritier

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marianne318 

Ooh, this looks special. Can't think of anything here in London that compares as festive activities here tend to be more touristy/crowded. Lovely photos by the way.

Marianne318
Level 10
Savièse, Switzerland

@Huma0 

Bonjour Huma0, je vous remercie beaucoup pour votre message. Il y a aussi beaucoup de jolies traditions à Londres. J'ai une amie qui habite Eastbourne et qui m'envoie chaque jour durant l'avent une photo d'un lutin malicieux dans des endroits différents de sa maison.

Meilleures pensées et magnifiques fêtes de fin d'année à vous

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Marianne318 

I had to look up "lutin" (for anyone who's wondering, we're talking about a leprechaun here, and a naughty one!).

Apologies for responding in English, but my French is seriously rusty! I have never heard of this tradition, but perhaps it's particular to Eastbourne and the surrounding areas. Even though we are a small island, we have many customs and traditions that vary from place to place. Anyway, it sounds like fun!

Joyeux Noel et bonne année a vous! 

c4c2605916abab96934350ce313781ab.jpg

@Huma0 @Marianne318  That "lutin" is so fun - so imaginative - and the fine print too 😂

Linda3273
Level 10
Sooke, Canada

@Marianne318 what a magical experience and your guests must simply love this memorable activity. I know that they practice that activity back in parts of Quebec, Canada and one day I would truly love to experience it myself. Thank you for sharing and wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Linda

Linda

@Linda3273  Bonjour Linda,

Au Canada, un chemin des lanternes serait encore plus magnifique. Je vous remercie beaucoup pour votre message et vous souhaites d'excellents fêtes. 

Meilleures pensées de Suisse

Marianne Héritier

Laura2592
Level 10
Frederick, MD

@Marianne318 this is lovely! We have some Christmas markets in our area but nothing like that. I like the idea of creating one for guests at our cottage. I need to think about this!