Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Day 9: A celebration of our host community

The view from an Airbnb treehouseThe view from an Airbnb treehouse

Hello everyone,

It's day 9 and it's my turn to post my topic of celebration. 🙂

I would like to celebrate the experience that you all give to your guests and the way you support each other.

Every day, millions of hosts are welcoming guests from around the world into their homes. When you think about that, at any given period of the day, a host is meeting and trusting a new person, a host is providing a comfy bed for someone and...you guessed it, a host is getting things ready for their next guest. To me all of these moving parts are pretty mind blowing and shows how amazing our global host community is. 

Looking back on my past year, I have been lucky to stay in eight Airbnbs, all different and special in their own way. Some of them I stayed in for a night or two, others a week and one for forty-two days! One just by myself, some with my partner, and one with a couple of friends. I've stayed in a little surf bungalow, a couple of town houses, a remote cottage and even a real-life treehouse. 🙂 I love the experiences that our host community creates for visitors and I want to thank the hosts who put me up for having me, making me feel welcome and giving me local advice on what to do (including a night listening to a friend of a host's band in Santa Cruz!). 

Here in the CC, we have so many incredible hosts and I find it really humbling that in such a busy world we can all come together to support and learn from one another. It is amazing to see the care and effort that hosts put in to making sure theirs guests have a great stay. 

Think of all the lasting memories that have been created because of the hard work that you all put in. It is easy to forget all the guests you have hosted and the great times, but I assure you that your guests won't forget the incredible experiences you provide.

A huge thank you to all of you.

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

18 Replies 18
Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Lizzie 

Thank you for the lovely post and sharing your experiences as a guest.

You write that sometimes it's easy to forget all the guests you have hosted and, once the numbers get into the hundreds, that is certainly true!

I received my little map as part of the week of celebrating Superhosts. I was astonished to find that I have hosted 411 guests (more than 400 of these since I open up my house in 2016) from 41 countries. I don't even think the map (and maybe the number) reflects all the different places that they came from, as often a guest's profile lists wherever they were living when they created their profile and sometimes they haven't filled that bit in and it defaults to the US. I know I have hosted guests from Alaska, Egypt and Morocco, to name but a few that do not show up on the map.

Still, it doesn't matter. It's just amazing to me that I have had around 40 nationalities pass through my home in the space of two years. It's kind of mind boggling to think about. I have always thought of myself as quite well travelled, but have learnt SO much about different cultures through hosting.

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Lizzie

I like the picture You've posted. It's not spectacular but quiet and thoughtful.

As You are traveling a lot using airbnb's, when will You be coming to Bavaria? Get to know a new hosting style which spreads around the world: The "Rebel Host Hosting Style". For lovely guests like You this hosting style can be a lot of fun, for some guests it's a surprise.

Dieneke0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thank you @Lizzie for facilitating this process and your experiences with Airbnb. Much appreciated.

Dieneke xx 

Mariann4
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

Thank you for sharing @Lizzie 🙂 It is always nice to read a nice tribute to other people's effort. I am very grateful to the experienced host in CC. I learn something new from them every time I open a post in here 🙂

Mariann 🙂