Dear hosts, I am a new host, much appreciate for your kindly advice

Sreymach0
Level 2
Phnom Penh, Cambodia

Dear hosts, I am a new host, much appreciate for your kindly advice

I am a new host and which just recieved guest last week, thank for your kindly advice how to review the profile of the guests, and how to provide a warm welcome to the new commer guest. Much appreciate for your ideas. Thank   

6 Replies 6
Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Sreymach0

First, look at their verifications. How complete is their application? If they have not provided  their government ID, make sure you check it at the door.

Second, read their "Hey, I'm xxx" introduction. Is it appropriate?

Third, read their reviews. 

Because hosts are dependent on reviews, many  have a Chrome Extension called AirReview. This free extension allows us to see what reviews the guests have written.

I don't do much of the above. I only care about verified government ID  and the apporpriateness of their inquries.

Make sure you have fun.

@ Paul, With thank so much for your swift responding, since I am the first host so then I was not able to review their application, however, I have copied their passports at the door. One thing that I concern is guest come for trip but did not go out much to see around town etc, they just staying in house... Any advise or suggestion to have a good observation? They plan to check out this weekend. 

Paul thank you once again for your spending your value time to respond, very much appreiciated.

@Sreymach0

If you want your guest to spend more time out then home then I suggest you provide a lot of information about your city, places to go, events, tourist attractions, list of bars, clubs, recommended restaurants etc ..... 🙂

@ Branka, for sure yes I was introduced them included offer to show them around, however they respond they will go out and see around, but not.. since they stay around 10 days already... Well thank for your guidence and advice Branka.

Dear @Sreymach0

There are some guests who do choose to stay close to home.  Most hosts dislike this behavior.

As a new host, avoid burn-out. Until you get a feeling of this business, limit your stays to 4 days.

Then annoying guests won't bother you for so long.

You will find most guests are great and do go out to sightsee. These are the guests you wish to attract and will.

Dear Paul,

Very much appreciated for your good advice, I actaully just wondering why they don't go out while they come for visit and they stayed here more than 10 days already... However they did not bother or disturb our family.. we fell get along together.. As a host, we offer our kindness with warm welcome to them (food, fruits and brief of our culture traditional with offer them to show around town etc.) 

Once again thank so much Paul and looking forward to see you and others in Cambodia. 

Best regards, Sreymach