Declining guests

Belinda128
Level 2
Georgia, United States

Declining guests

I’m new to AirBNB. I received a request and then the potential guest changed his plans. Do I need to “decline” his request? My AirBNB app has the request highlighted in RED with “Accept or Decline.” Since the guest changed their plans, do I still need to decline it? If I do nothing, will this effect my response time? If I decline, will this hurt my standing? 

6 Replies 6
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Belinda128  I would message the guest to withdraw the request to book within 12 hours or you are going to accept and he will have to cancel as a decline on the hosts end effects your AirBnB status. I usually have good luck with this approach. 

@Belinda128

I usually do the same thing as @Letti0 but I give them 3~4 hrs to withdraw AND I kinda warn them about how they really DON'T want to go thru the hassle of having to cancel 🙂 so they should really withdraw NOW. 

Belinda128
Level 2
Georgia, United States

Thank you! That is so helpful!!!

@Jessica-and-Henry0

Good info. Thank you!

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

It’s really up to you whether you accept the guest after his change of plans are as  the ball is firmly in your court.

It appears you did not accept the original request so you are fine as far as losing money or host status.

Look at the new request as a totally new request.

If the dates are acceptable then Tick the accept button.

If the new dates are unacceptable then Tick accept and it becomes an instant booking.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Belinda128,

I was just wondering how you go on with this? Did you guests withdraw their request? 

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.