Deleting messages

Nichola7
Level 3
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Deleting messages

Hello,

I sent a message to a guest in error and I want to delete it. I can't see how to do that - can someone please advise me?

Many thanks.

7 Replies 7
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

You're out of luck, @Nichola7 . Once a message is sent to a guest, there is no way to delete it. It's like sending an email. 

You'll have to send them another message apologizing for the mix-up and correcting whatever is wrong in that first message. 

Nichola7
Level 3
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Many thanks for clarifying @Lawrene0 - of course, that's makes sense - I hadn't thought of it like that. All the best to you.

Brian2036
Level 10
Arkansas, United States

@Nichola7 @Lawrene0 

Absolutely. When it’s sent it can’t be recalled.

If it was something embarrassing or likely to confuse the guest I recommend messaging again immediately with an explanation and apology.

This is a common problem with electronic communication and the guest will probably understand.

Nichola7
Level 3
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Many thanks @Brian2036  - yes, good idea - I did that and the guest was fine.  Best wishes.

Patricia2834
Level 2
Marietta, OH

Another issue is that when there is a typo in a "Quick Reply" you can not correct or edit it.  I have had to correct two of my automatic replies and when I look at them they are correct but when they are sent to my guests they are the original.  This is very frustrating.   I guess I have to completely delete the message and reenter it.  

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Nichola7 , as stated by @Lawrene0 , @Brian2036  & @Patricia2834 , your message sent is not retrievable.

Sometimes when typing your message on a portable device, it can send if your fingers get in the way of shifting your cursor etc. So to avoid any incorrect messages taking off into the ether, I make use of “Notes” on my portable devices. They can be viewed across both my mobile and iPad whenever needed.

I’ve set up folders for AIrbnb - general, AIrbnb - guests, AIrbnb - Community Centre etc. - you get the picture.

In the guest folder, each guest gets listed as an individual note. In that original note, I add all conversations had, details about them I may want to remember. (vegetarian, kids ages etc)

Then I can  edit then copy and paste across to the AIrbnb message board. This includes reviews I’ve written to those guests. This way I can quickly grab, copy and paste info under the new guests name and make the changes accordingly. Detailed messages become easy. Changing just some scenario and names/dates etc. You’ll find certain patterns to your guests or cohorts and surprisingly, you can find the info needed, very easily.  If using devices, it’s worth its weight in gold.

Hope this helps…. 🌻

Nichola7
Level 3
Glasgow, United Kingdom

Hi @Cathie19 

Many thanks indeed for writing such a detail reply, and for taking the time. Your system sounds like it really works for you, which is great! 

Very best wishes,

N