Delhi regulation & licensing for hosts

Delhi regulation & licensing for hosts

Hello,

I'm a host in New Delhi, India & I just listed my place.

I have a simple question - How do I register myself so as to comply with the local laws? Specifically, do I need to register under the Delhi government Bed & Breakfast scheme? 

I've been verified by Airbnb & I use a current account to receive payments, which I will include in my income tax returns. Outside of this, do I need to apply for some sort of commercial license or registration? 

I've read through all the discussions on the subject in the community center, but there's no definitive answer. I also reached out to Airbnb support and they simply informed me that there is no need to register myself, which is convenient for me, but also seems unlikely, especially in Delhi.

I want to do this the right way & not get into any trouble and would really appreciate it if an existing host could pitch in with an answer. 

Thanks in advance!

Raghav

3 Replies 3
Rajesh32
Level 2
New Delhi, India

I need help to publish my property. 

Hi Raghav. I’m new to Airbnb and wanted to know if you found out anything about your query. I too have question 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Have you checked on Airbnb regarding hosting regulations/on your local government website @Andrew2167 ??