Demanding guests for 1 night

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

Demanding guests for 1 night

Red Flags, instant book for 1 night ...

"We are both vegan, and my husband is also gluten free, and I have a lactose intolerance, Please ensure our dietry needs are met.

As we are on a bike ride, I just want to make sure there is a space for our bikes as well.

Generally hotels and airbnbs let us take our bikes with us in the room, as we don't carry locks.

Would you have a safe space where they could be stored for the night?"

Thank goodness I have a Lidle at the bottom of the road, so I can get all supplies. BUT it would have been so much easier if they requested with politness.

Who the heck allows bikes up 2 flights of stairs to their bedroom, with light coloured carpets !!!!!!!!!

Yes there are is a safe place to store bikes (but do I really want to tell you ?) Do I supply locks and then forget the combination?

OK this one is going to be a challenge and I am trying to suppress my wicked sense of humour  👺 to accommodate their needs whilst educating them  to be polite caring guests.    😈

Any bets on how this will turn out ?

18 Replies 18
Vanessa469
Level 2
Katwijk aan Zee, Netherlands

A kilo of prunes for breakfast 🙂 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I would reply  @Chris232 - 'happy to provide beans on gluten free toast - that's breakfast sorted to meet your various dietary requirements.

'However whatever your previous experience might have been in terms of being allowed bikes in your room this is not something we can offer. As per our listing bikes can be left in XXX at your own risk. 

'Absolutely understand if this doesn't work for you and you prefer to find something more suitable for your needs.

I’d be expecting more complaints then an unpleasant review. 

how did it play out? 

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Chris232 

That's almost as good as the one I got the other day.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/I-think-I-have-met-the-epitome-of-the-entitled-guest/m-p...

For the first couple of years of hosting you think.....'Ah, this one will be different, they will be okay'.

But Chris they never are! Mate hagglers are hagglers, they don't mellow, they don't try to be good guests, they bulldoze their way through life getting their own way.

If it's not too late to get out of this one, for goodness sake do it! Hosting this guest will be a no win for you.....guaranteed!

Cheers........Rob